will this jug fit?

will a 1990 cylinder jug fit onto a 93 motor

Should do, u can only try

No, I do not believe that a1990 jug will fit on a 1993 motor. The exhaust power valves changed after 92. Check a site like Service Honda for parts diagrams to see what I mean.

I agree with the above. It wont work, late '80s till '91 should work.

The '92 on is much different.

I agree with the above. It wont work, late '80s till '91 should work.

The '92 on is much different.

sorry, miss read that. A '92 and newer will fit. '91 and older will not.

thank you I appreciate it

I had read a review saying how the 93 power valve was deigned poorly and to swap the 93 power valve with a 99 for better low end performance... any truth to this? also I have been reading all the fuss about big bore cylinder kits would just resleeving the cylinder and going .40 over and power valve upgrade do me the same justice?

125 or 250?

125 or 250?

good question. I had assumed he was talkin 250 for some reason but his PV question has me thinking 125

That cylinder will only work for the years 87-91

That cylinder will only work for the years 87-91

we still dont know if its a 125 or 250. Is this the case for both sized bikes?

I was talking to a mechanic today he was saying about how if I would take the cylinder and just go .40 over with it the angles of the ports would be thrown off a hair and make a difference I've never heard of that but ok other than that he had told me that rebuilding it with a 2mm stroker and a stock 54mm top end would make a bunch of difference..... I was thinking 2mm stroker crank and a 8oz flywheel weight any suggestions/?

we still dont know if its a 125 or 250. Is this the case for both sized bikes?

yes I'm more than positive its the same for both and based on him saying a 54mm piston it must be a 125

yes for the 2nd time it is a 125

Ok, since it is a 125 the 90 cylinder will work.  in 90-91 they used a domed piston and from 92-03 they used a flat top piston so if you are putting a 90 cylinder on a 93 bike you want to use the 93 head so you can use the 93 piston. In 98 they made a power valve change which made the valves seal better so you don't get air leakage around the valve and that causes better low end power with the power valves closed so if you are looking for the power valve mod, you can use a 98-99 power valve assembly. As far as bb vs stroker, they both have disadvantages.  the stroke crank will put a harder side load on your piston skirts so it will cause pistons to wear out sooner than if you just went with a bb kit.  If you do a Big bore, use Eric Gorr, he will oversize your bore, have it factory replated (so you don't use a piece of crap steel sleeve) and he ports the motor for you.  He has 3 porting options to choose from low/mid "mo betta" (widest possible power curve) and Mid/top.  I have a 144cc big bore kit from him with mo betta porting with a 38mm keihin airstriker carb and my bike absolutely rips (94 cr125).  Whether you want to increase displacement by a stroker kit or a big bore, you are going to want to have it done by a professional to be ported because either are going to cause port timing issues.  The big bore will be much cheaper to do so if it were me and I wanted more displacement, I would call Eric Gorr again.

Edited by frdbtr

Ok, since it is a 125 the 90 cylinder will work. in 90-91 they used a domed piston and from 92-03 they used a flat top piston so if you are putting a 90 cylinder on a 93 bike you want to use the 93 head so you can use the 93 piston. In 98 they made a power valve change which made the valves seal better so you don't get air leakage around the valve and that causes better low end power with the power valves closed so if you are looking for the power valve mod, you can use a 98-99 power valve assembly. As far as bb vs stroker, they both have disadvantages. the stroke crank will put a harder side load on your piston skirts so it will cause pistons to wear out sooner than if you just went with a bb kit. If you do a Big bore, use Eric Gorr, he will oversize your bore, have it factory replated (so you don't use a piece of crap steel sleeve) and he ports the motor for you. He has 3 porting options to choose from low/mid "mo betta" (widest possible power curve) and Mid/top. I have a 144cc big bore kit from him with mo betta porting with a 38mm keihin airstriker carb and my bike absolutely rips (94 cr125). Whether you want to increase displacement by a stroker kit or a big bore, you are going to want to have it done by a professional to be ported because either are going to cause port timing issues. The big bore will be much cheaper to do so if it were me and I wanted more displacement, I would call Eric Gorr again.

hey frdbtr. Im considering having EG do some work on my 250 and 125 cylinders.

How satisfied are you with his work? Most seem happy but i read a story of a bigbore job being sent out with to much piston clearance.

How many hours are you puting on a top end?

hey frdbtr. Im considering having EG do some work on my 250 and 125 cylinders.

How satisfied are you with his work? Most seem happy but i read a story of a bigbore job being sent out with to much piston clearance.

How many hours are you puting on a top end?

He has done all 3 of my recent 2 strokes.  the 105cc (2001 cr80) has over 40 hours on it and it is still running great (there is still no blowby past the rings on this bike.  my next door neighbor bought it from me).  My 94 cr125 with a 144cc bb kit on it has just under 40 hours on it and is running great(also has very little blowby past the rings, I am planning on putting 60 hours on this top end before replacing it).  I just had him shave the base and cut the head for pump gas on my 06 cr250 and it also runs crisp and strong.  I have been 100% satisfied with all the work he has done on my bikes.  I wouldn't hesitate to use him in the future.  I have talked to him on the phone for hours literally so I would have no doubt that if someone got a product that was not done correctly (if they treated him like a human), he would back up his work. 

Edited by frdbtr