Sign in to follow this  

Would you buy it for this price?

2013 KTM XCW with 24 hours. I know the guy who owns it. Never beat, always maintained. $5,600, good price?

2013 KTM XCW with 24 hours. I know the guy who owns it. Never beat, always maintained. $5,600, good price?

That would be a decent price where I live, and prices here are a bit higher than other parts of the country.

Sorry, 250

Not sure about where you live, but up here guys would be asking between $6k - $7k for that bike.  Some guys are asking $5000+ for 2010's with double the hours of the one you're looking at.  I'm not sure if guys are getting what they're asking, but the ads sure don't seem to be posted long before they disappear.  I paid $3800 for my '07 300 with about 150 hrs, and I shopped around and meticulously combed the classifieds for months before pulling the trigger.  So I think I got a good deal...but I know there are places where that would have been considered too much money.  Maybe it's not a fair comparison because I live in an oil/gas region that's considered somewhat of an economic anomaly.  People here ask $1500 - $2000 for their blown up, 15 - 20 year old 2T mx bikes....FN insane!

So if that bike were here, then yes I would say that's a great price.  I would be all over it...especially if you can work him down some on the price.  Maybe you can get it for $4900 if you wave the cash...

Edited by Fattonz

Thanks for the replies. Deal is done. Going to pick the bike up this week. Thanks guys!

For what it's worth, I picked up my 2012, 5 month old, 250xcw last Sept. It had 83 miles and six hours on it. $5400. So I would say you are right in the ballpark. Especially nice if it has any extras. Good find.

Thanks, it's a friend if mine. I know every hour that has been put on it. He also set it up for the road. It is registered and inspected. Has bark busters, skid plate. All ready to go.

Couldn't pass it up. Actually the exact bike I have been looking for

Thanks, it's a friend if mine. I know every hour that has been put on it. He also set it up for the road. It is registered and inspected. Has bark busters, skid plate. All ready to go.

Couldn't pass it up. Actually the exact bike I have been looking for

Does your friend have any more low hour, low priced, hardly ridden on the dirt KTM's?  That would be $7500 or higher out here in Colorado.

Does your friend have any more low hour, low priced, hardly ridden on the dirt KTM's?  That would be $7500 or higher out here in Colorado.

LOL, I hear ya. Can't wait to run the first race this year on it!