Cr 250

I ride a 12 yz450. I have a01 cr250 I haven't really rode in a couple of years. Just start it up once and a while. I'd like to get it out again. But I was wondering do they make a 300 kit like the ktm. With power valve and all the stuff u need

I ride a 12 yz450. I have a01 cr250 I haven't really rode in a couple of years. Just start it up once and a while. I'd like to get it out again. But I was wondering do they make a 300 kit like the ktm. With power valve and all the stuff u need

I've seen/ridden bikes with a 285 kit that gives it some balls. Personally I'd leave it stock for the reliability, and look into an FMF full system and some new reeds if it has been sitting.

Yup. PM me if you want to swap. Got a 300 kit for an 00-01.

I've seen/ridden bikes with a 285 kit that gives it some balls. Personally I'd leave it stock for the reliability, and look into an FMF full system and some new reeds if it has been sitting.

I have a sst pipe and turbine core 2. And v force reeds. It's got power and really reliable. In fact it usually starts second kick after it sits a couple months. It just feels like it needs a little more after riding the 450

Ghii28, you have a 300 kit?   doesn't that require a stroker crank?

Have you tried it?

I was thinkin about a kit for trail riding, eric gorr has a 285cc trail kit for six bills

Nope, no stroker crank.

It's an Eric Gorr 295cc kit.

I've run it.  Definitely powerful.  Only has a few rides on it.  Keeps up with 450's pretty damn well, but goes through corners WAY easier.

Nope, no stroker crank.

It's an Eric Gorr 295cc kit.

I've run it.  Definitely powerful.  Only has a few rides on it.  Keeps up with 450's pretty damn well, but goes through corners WAY easier.

So, it's a track bike ?

What difference did you feel in torq, was there a big gain with the kit?

I guess my question is would that bike lug well in the trails?

I alos read some posts blasting EGR with unhappy reports.

Edited by moto9

Tons more torque.  The kits generally lug real well on trails.

I didn't have good luck with the consistency from a bunch of YZ kits that I ordered, and haven't used him since he didn't support a clear error made in his manufacturing.  This kit seems fine though.  Your luck with the company may vary.