Sign in to follow this  

125 no top end

So I have a 125 and it has no top end, it's doing a sputtering on the top end and there's no top end power, the bottom- mid range is great but it's like the power valve isn't opening or something. How do I time it?

What year is your bike? Have you actually checked to see if the powervalve is or isn't operating correctly?

I've opened up the ride side cover on the cylinder and when I rebuilt it and I'm not 100% sure if it's working. That's my problem right there. And the bike is an 02. Edited by Kawilikeaboss

Ok if you have powervalve linkage attached and it operates (to right and back) I would look into jetting, when I had the stock carb on my 02 I had to drop main jet to a 390 cause it was too rich a sputtered on top.

I've opened up the ride side cover on the cylinder and when I rebuilt it and I'm not 100% sure if it's working. That's my problem right there. And the bike is an 02.

Your manual will tell you how to check the operation of your powervalve.  Then you can be 100% sure.

• Like 1

Your manual will tell you how to check the operation of your powervalve. Then you can be 100% sure.

Yeah I'm ordering one today!
  • Like 1

carbon buildup will cause the powervalve to stick closed try taking the powervalve out and just cleaning it real well if you feel up to it take a file and just gently round the edges so carbon will not as easily stick to it

carbon buildup will cause the powervalve to stick closed try taking the powervalve out and just cleaning it real well if you feel up to it take a file and just gently round the edges so carbon will not as easily stick to it

it's already clean