Sign in to follow this  

Restored a 1986 CR250 R

I just got done restoring an '86 CR250. It was so much fun. I'd like to sell it for around $ 1400. Do you guys think I could get that price for it?

1392624473636.jpg

1392624488819.jpg

• Like 4

Worth more than that if motor is decent. These were very good bikes. Pre Upside down forks and motor was strong.

Clean example, 1400 is a give away price IMO. I think a bike of that vintage will be more of an "emotional" purchase and the potential buyers will be able and willing to pay more.

We all agree, your giving it away for that price!

Isn't your labor worth any thing?

If not, you looking for a job, lol

Alan48, yes they are the stock wheels and hubs. I just polished them out. And, thanks everyone for your comments. Much appreciated. If anyone lives near Bakersfield, California message me if interested in the CR

Alan48, yes they are the stock wheels and hubs. I just polished them out. And, thanks everyone for your comments. Much appreciated. If anyone lives near Bakersfield, California message me if interested in the CR

I'm on my way !!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I wish, and thank's for the info. 

Idk finger. I just removed the cover today and installed two new gaskets and new bolts. To me the inside looked fine. No rust or anything that looks abnormal. But I'm not a mechanic so what should it look like (or not look like)?

idkfinger that last post was to you...not sure if it posted. .

orangyktmthing you might be right about the "emotional purchase" of the 86 CR 250. It seems that a lot of people have had one of those exact bikes when they were kids. And I love to restore late '80s bikes because that's when I started riding and those were the top of the line bikes that my parents couldn't afford for me back then. I'd like to restore another late '80s early '90s bike. ANY I SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM?

Idk finger. I just removed the cover today and installed two new gaskets and new bolts. To me the inside looked fine. No rust or anything that looks abnormal. But I'm not a mechanic so what should it look like (or not look like)?

idkfinger that last post was to you...not sure if it posted. .

These mid-80s honda water pump covers would corrode and rot in the impeller area.