Kawasaki USA Recalls About 10,000 Off-Road Motorcycles Due to Fuel Leak and Fire Hazard

Name of product: Off-road motorcycles

Hazard: Fuel can leak from between the fuel tank and fuel tap, posing a fire hazard.

Units: About 10,000

Description: This recall involves model year 2010, 2011 and 2012 KLX110 and KLX110L off-road motorcycles. The motorcycles have a 110 cubic centimeter engine, a green fuel tank, shroud cover and fenders, a black seat and white side covers. “Kawasaki” is on both sides of the shroud cover. Model names and numbers are on both side covers directly beneath the seat. KLX110 models have an automatic clutch, a shift pedal and no clutch lever on the handlebars. The seat height for these models is about 27 inches. KLX110L models have a manual clutch, a shift pedal and a clutch lever on the handlebars. The seat height for these models is about 29 inches.

Incidents/Injuries: None reported

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled off-road motorcycles and contact a Kawasaki dealer to schedule a free repair. Kawasaki is contacting its customers directly.

Sold at: Kawasaki dealers nationwide from November 2009 to January 2014 for about $2,100 to $2,350.

Distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp. U.S.A., of Irvine, Calif.

Manufactured in: Thailand

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By luke8500
      Hi all,
      I have a 2004 Kawasaki kx250 that died suddenly on me the other day. all i can get it to do is backfire every once in awhile. Tested the resistance and everything of the magneto and stator with a multi-meter and all is good.  Coil is new oem Kawasaki the reeds are brand new vforce and the top end and carb have been completely rebuilt.  key on crank is intact and all the timing marks are lined up. I hooked a timing light to it and spun the motor over really fast and found that it is sparking way to late.  The service manual says that it is supposed to fire 14 degrees before TDC but it is sparking way after TDC.  Im thinking its a fried CDI box since its the only thing i wasnt able to check.  Any help would be appreciated
    • By luke8500
      Hi all,
      I have a 2004 kx 250 2 stroke and it wont start.  it only backfires.  I was out riding it one day and came up to a stop so the bike was just idling and it started to try and die so i revved it up a few times then let it die and now it wont start back up.  It only pops or backfires when you kick it.  Its getting good spark and i just put a brand new plug and coil in it. I took the reeds apart and they look like they're brand new.  It was running great before so i dont know what happened.  Im thinking it could be a fuel problem even tho the plug is a little wet if you take it out after a bunch of kicking.  Any help would be greatly appreciated 
    • By beeboob00p
      Bandit 1200s
      Asking Price
      2200 OBO
      Contact Info
      281-731-86 three 9

Howdy Everyone

Today I am looking to sell my 2004 suzuki bandit 1200s for 2200 OBO. I have owned this for over 3 years and it was my daily the whole time. Yes, every day rain or shine. It never let me down and has been the best to me. I love it to death, but now that I have graduated with a big boy job that involves lots of travel. It is time to move on to something newer and more economical. It has loads of mods and general maintance parts to help it have a great life with me and continue on with it's next owner. Current real mileage is around 30k and the title is clear in MY NAME. 

Videos of start up and just it idling 
      It was well maintained. 
      Valve adjustments done early (will include special adjustment tool with sale)
      Holshot Stage 1 jet kit
      Holshot Ignition Advance
      Holshot Slip on
      New chain and sprockets
      New Spark plug
      New airfilter
      Renthal Handle Bar
      Shorty Levers
      Upgraded windscreen (great for long trips)
      Suspension Adjusted and dialed in properly
      Price is flexible 
      Mileage is exempt (the speed sensor was broken when I first got it so it didn't record mileage until recently. Everything is now working properly)
      Has been down before (damage shown in pictures)
      Some other cosmetic issues from being used every day (general chips from rocks and small stuff you can't see in pictures)
      Windshield vibrates due to height 
      Exhaust rattles a bit (will include new muffler mount bushing to fix this) 
      I'm sure I'm missing plenty of stuff but this should be a great start on what this vehicle has to offer. If you have any other questions or would like more pictures, videos, details on anything please let me know. I'll be happy to work with you.
      At this time I am only looking at cash offers for the bike. No payments, sorry. Also I must note that no joyrides either. You bring the cash in full and I will let you test drive. You hold the title, I hold the cash. You drop it no harm done, because you keep the bike and I keep the cash. 
      At the time of sale you and I will sign the title and we will fill out the proper paperwork for the transfer of the vehicle on the spot. Sorry, but I Have been burned in the past. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoy what you see.
      The best way to contact me is by phone. I'm not on this forum much, but feel free to text or call away and I would be glad to respond to any questions you might have. Thanks,
      -Frankie 281-731-86 three 9
    • By DeSoto17
      I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the KLR250 vs the KLR650.
      I'm 16, 6'0 and like 160lbs and I grew up on a CRF80F and got a TT-R225 not too long ago, but it wasn't long before I realized this isn't the bike for me. The vast majority of my friends ride dual sports, and I thought I would love to get a dual sport too. I'm going to be mostly on-road with some off-road trail/woods riding. I've had offers for 2 different bikes:
      My 2004 TT-R225 for either:
      2008 KLR650
      1992 KLR250
      I want to get something that's more bang-for-the-buck but not something that is going to cost a comfortable ride, you know? I heard the 650's are heavy and they're very underpowered, but I don't know.. I just wanted to see what the KLR riders have to say between the 2.

• By Bryan Bosch

Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Rider Starts his Quest to Defend Cross-Country Rallies World Championship
      March 15, 2018 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Pablo Quintanilla will re-start his 2018 international rally racing campaign on March 24 to 29 at the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge in the United Arab Emirates. Working hard towards returning to full competitive fitness following a foot injury sustained during the closing stages of the Dakar Rally, Pablo’s teammate Andrew Short is expected to join the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing squad at the 2018 Merzouga Rally in mid-April.

With the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge playing host to the opening round of the 2018 FIM Cross-Country Rallies World Championship, the event in the UAE will see Pablo Quintanilla begin the defence of his FIM Cross-Country World Championship title. Securing eighth overall at the 2018 Dakar Rally in January, the Chilean rally star is already looking forward to a solid return to racing aboard his FR 450 Rally machine.
      Successfully wrapping up his debut participation at the prestigious Dakar Rally with a top 20 result, Andrew Short has been recuperating from a fractured tibia and fibula on his lower right leg. Resuming his training sessions in the middle of March, the American has his eyes set on making a return to racing at the Merzouga Rally on April 15/20, in the dunes of Morocco.
      Celebrating its 28th edition in 2018, the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge is a six-stage-long rally taking place in the southern part of the United Arab Emirates. Kicking off with the traditional Super Special Stage on Saturday, March 24, the event will continue with five more days of racing in the Liwa Desert before competitors reach the finish line inside the Yas Marina circuit on March 29, 2018.

Pablo Quintanilla: “Abu Dhabi will be our first race after the Dakar and I’m really looking forward to it. It’d be good to start the season carrying the #1 plate on my Husqvarna as the reigning champion. With it being the first race for the new season, it is important for everybody. My goal is to get a good race pace from the beginning in order to be inside the group of leading riders. The season will be long and my plan is to continue improving my pace as the racing goes on. I want to get back my racing speed and also remain strong throughout the event in Abu Dhabi. Taking place in deep sandy dunes, the Desert Challenge is always a tough event and it is also highly probable that we will have to race in high temperatures. It’s going to be a challenge but I’m looking forward to it.”
      Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
      Husqvarna Motorcycles are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna Motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Mattighofen, Austria since 2013.
      Rockstar Energy Drink
      Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active lifestyles – from Athletes to Rockstars. Available in over 20 flavors at convenience and grocery outlets in over 30 countries, Rockstar supports the Rockstar lifestyle across the globe through Action Sports, Motor Sports, and Live Music. For more information visit: www.RockstarEnergy.com
      Source: Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH