Sign in to follow this  

Best aftermarket plastic kits?

I know OEM is a good option but it's really expensive.. like $39 for a fender expensive. So i was wondering if anyone had good or bad experiences with certain brands of plastic kits. I just got new custom graphics and i wanna treat them to some nice scratch free quality plastic. Thanks guys!

OEM from honda east toledo will be as cheap as any aftermarket stuff.  $19 ea for fenders, $16 for tank shrouds and side plates.  And most OEM comes with the alum bushings in the plastic.

I recently purchased a full oem plastic kit for ~$115 from them, free shipping.

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.net/OEMpartfinder.htm

Edited by Garage_Dog
  • Like 1

I've always been satisfied with UFO and Acerbis plastic. I lean toward UFO because they actually try to update plastic for models that the OEM's forget about, including the YZ125/250.

Maier is the lowest quality stuff I've ever seen. Do they even still make that vacuum formed crap?

The polisport stuff is a couple bucks cheaper as a set, but the quality isn't as good as the UFO and Acerbis.  Nothing beats OEM for fit.

I bought a complete Acerbis kit for my 2012 RM-Z250 and the front fender was a little bit different color than the rest and the exhaust side panel didn't fit right. I'd go UFO.

OEM from honda east toledo will be as cheap as any aftermarket stuff.  $19 ea for fenders, $16 for tank shrouds and side plates.  And most OEM comes with the alum bushings in the plastic.

I recently purchased a full oem plastic kit for ~$115 from them, free shipping.

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.net/OEMpartfinder.htm

. Same for me, just as cheap and guaranteed to fit.