Sign in to follow this  

Which goggles have the best peripheral vision for under $100?

I just recently purchased some Fox AirSPC goggles and am a little disappointed in the peripheral vision.  It claims to have the most of all the fox goggles on their website.  Anyway, I was wondering what goggles have some great field of vision without breaking the bank.

During research I have found a few like the Oakley Airbrake but the cost over $150.

I will be riding on the roads to get to my trails so I need as much peripheral vision as possible.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Wow, I didn't even know there were goggles that cost that much!

One obvious suggestion is to wear heavy duty safety glasses (lots of options at your nearest Home Depot).  I ride with several guys that use them for trails.  The main drawbacks are they don't provide as much face protection from tree branches, and of course they would be terrible for racing or any situation where you might be taking roost.  They would work fine for the road however, and then just carry them in a fender bag or in your camel back while you wear goggles on the trail.  

Wow, I didn't even know there were goggles that cost that much!

One obvious suggestion is to wear heavy duty safety glasses (lots of options at your nearest Home Depot).  I ride with several guys that use them for trails.  The main drawbacks are they don't provide as much face protection from tree branches, and of course they would be terrible for racing or any situation where you might be taking roost.  They would work fine for the road however, and then just carry them in a fender bag or in your camel back while you wear goggles on the trail.  

That's a good idea, I was thinking of getting some glasses with the debris protectors so nothing gets in your eye on the road :) 

I didn't know they make goggles that cost $100 bucks.. I have several pair of Fox goggles that work fine, good peripheral vision, paid $3 for them (like new) at a yard sale.

Are you sure the goggles are the problem with your side/peripheral vision, and not the helmet.

I didn't know they make goggles that cost $100 bucks.. I have several pair of Fox goggles that work fine, good peripheral vision, paid $3 for them (like new) at a yard sale.

Are you sure the goggles are the problem with your side/peripheral vision, and not the hel

I did not enlarge the picture when purchasing and didn't see the black tear off knubby things. .  It makes sort of like tunnel forward vision for me, might be a little small for my face maybe, i dunno.  just doesn't feel safe for street riding

I did not enlarge the picture when purchasing and didn't see the black tear off knubby things. .  It makes sort of like tunnel forward vision for me, might be a little small for my face maybe, i dunno.  just doesn't feel safe for street riding

I agree.. if they give you tunnel vision, they don't sound very safe period.

Hope you find some that fit better.

Good luck.

I agree.. if they give you tunnel vision, they don't sound very safe period.

Hope you find some that fit better.

Good luck.

Thanks, going to cycle gear Saturday top return these and try some on...2.5 hour drive

i found that with my fox goggles i got a while ago they are thiner in every aspect but keep the dust out better.... it just makes you actualy turn and look alot more 

I just got my first set of 100% Racecraft and they are really good.  My issue was that the 6D helmet came down about 5mm further on the brow than my HJC lid did.  That was enough to push Oakley O frames down my nose and that sucked as well as I lost some of the up-hill view.  All fixed with the 100% racecraft.