HUSQVARNA RACING WEEKEND REPORT AND RESULTS! 2/17/2014

DANNY KENT SETS THIRD FASTEST LAP AT OFFICIAL MOTO3 TESTS
DANNY KENT, MAKING A RETURN TO THE MOTO3 CLASS OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AND RACING FOR THE NEW RED BULL HUSQVARNA AJO FACTORY TEAM CAME AWAY FROM THE FIRST OFFICIAL TESTS IN VALENCIA, SPAIN WITH A SOLID THIRD FASTEST LAP TIME AT THE END OF THE THREE DAYS.
By Marcia Hillkent_valencia_f119c1eb27.jpg

The British rider has had has had one year away in Moto2 and has returned to race in the Husqvarna factory team together with Finnish rider Niklas Ajo. Kent set a lap time of one minute 39.726 on Day Two behind Italian Niccolo Antonelli of Italy and Australian Jack Miller. 

Times were fastest on the second of the three days. Kent was unable to move up the standings on Thursday after two crashes, factory team boss Aki Ajo said. “Danny has been working hard at the tests but he did have a couple of crashes today. He had a high side this morning and then he got taken out by one of the Moto2 riders. But he’s fine and he did very well to set the third fastest lap time on Tuesday.” Moto2 and Moto3 riders were on the track together for the test at Valencia.

nik_ajo_tests_valencia_51d2420a25.jpg

“Niklas had some small technical issues that we worked on but finally we had no problems during these tests and both boys are looking good,” Ajo added of his second rider. Niklas had his best lap time of 1:41.127 in Day Two, Session Two to finish at twentieth place on the overall time sheets.

Official testing resumes next week at the Spanish circuit in Jerez and the first GP is the night race in Qatar on March 23.  

Combined lap times over three days of tests
1, Niccolo Antonelli, ITA, KTM 1:39.451
2, Jack Miller, AUS, KTM 1:39.462
3, Danny Kent, GBR, Husqvarna 1:39.726
4, Romano Fenati, ITA, KTM, 1:39.885
5, Isaac Vinales, ESP, KTM, 1:40.060

More at www.motogp.com

GRAHAM JARVIS & HUSQVARNA WIN HELL’S GATE 2014
COLLECTING HIS FOURTH HELL’S GATE VICTORY TO BECOME THE MOST SUCCESSFUL RIDER EVER AT THE ITALIAN HARD ENDURO RACE, GRAHAM JARVIS DOMINATED THE 2014 EVENT ABOARD HIS TE 300
By Husqvarna
grahamjarvis_Hell_s_Gate_2014_2424_ffacf

Bel Ray Husqvarna Enduro Team rider Graham Jarvis has once again showed that he is the man to beat when it comes to Hard Enduro racing, winning the 11th running of the Hell’s Gate event in Italy and finishing close to 22 minutes ahead of runner-up Jonny Walker.

grahamjarvis_Hell_s_Gate_2014_1970_5c6ae

A three-time winner heading into the 2014 edition of the race, Jarvis needed just half a lap to work his way into the lead of the main event having made a cautious start. Well aware just how challenging the Tuscan course can be, Graham’s pace was simply too strong for his rivals and with two of the five laps completed the TE 300 mounted rider was five minutes ahead. Stopping briefly for his first fuel stop, as Jarvis headed towards the night he further extended his lead.

With all riders that fall more than 30 minutes behind the race leader withdrawn form the event, for many it was a one-lap race. Half way around the penultimate lap just four riders remained in the competition, with Jarvis setting a relentless pace out front.grahamjarvis_Hell_s_Gate_2014_2325_6030a

Not wanting to risk throwing away the hard work he’d done during the first four laps of the race, Jarvis cautiously made his way around the last lap before finally arriving at the top of Hell’s Peak as a deserved winner.

grahamjarvis_Hell_s_Gate_2014_2103_1188a

Graham Jarvis: “It’s great to get a fourth win here at Hell’s Gate. I’ve raced here so many times over the years that I know what to expect, but this year’s race was definitely one of the toughest. I was pleased with second in the morning enduro – it gave me a good starting position and all I wanted to do was get around the first few corners without any mistakes. We went off the start almost directly into a massive water hole. I took it easy there, but it didn't take too long before I was back into the top three. Andreas Lettenbichler and Cody Webb both made mistakes and then I got around Jonny Walker, and then just put my head down. I moved into the lead about half way around the first lap. I was expecting things to be easier this year with no ice and snow, but the rocks were really slippery. The extra, fifth, lap made it hard. We rode close to two laps in the dark, but apart from a few falls I didn't have any problems. It’s great to win by a good margin and give Husqvarna their first Hell’s Gate win.”

Results – Hell’s Gate Hard Enduro 2014

1. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna); 2. Jonny Walker (KTM)

HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES INTERNAZIONALE D’ITALIA 2014 - ROUND 3
DOUBLE PODIUM FOR TODD WATERS AT INTERNAZIONALE D’ITALIA SERIES WHILE ROMAIN FEBVRE WINS BELGIUM INTERNATIONAL AT LOMMEL
By Husqvarna
069_Int3_Waters_7bf87f9fa1.jpg

Husqvarna Motorcycles have ended their participation in the three-round Internazionale d’Italia Series on a high with Australian Todd Waters claiming third overall in both the MX1 and Elite championship standings despite a mixed day at the final round at Montevarchi, Italy. In Belgium, Romain Febvre and Aleksandr Tonkov dominated the MX2 category in the International MX “Dash for Cash” in Lommel.

071_Int3_Waters_85b33a2cfe.jpg

Continuing his impressive pre Grand Prix form, Red Bull Ice One Husqvarna Factory Racing rider Todd Waters capped off his participation in the Internazionale d’Italia Series with sixth and seventh place result, ensuring an impressive third overall in both theMX1 and Elite final championship classifications. Building on his strong run of form at the previous round in Noto, Waters placed a solid sixth in the opening MX1 race.

131_Int3_Rattray_d2f4df5acb.jpg

Looking to better his result in the combined MX1/MX2 Elite class, Waters suffered a poor start and was forced to fight his way through the pack at Montevarchi. Battling back to seventh at the chequered flag – while setting lap times that matched the race leaders – the Husqvarna rider claimed the final step of the podium.

Febvre_PH_2014_JPA_01_fb925bf0db.jpg

For team-mate Tyla Rattray it was a day of mixed fortunes. Ninth fastest in qualification the South African was hit by a flying rock in the MX1 race, cutting his little finger as he raced through the pack. Soldiering on despite some discomfort Rattray placed seventh to end the MX1 championship in fourth overall. With a fourth placed result also secured in the Elite classification Rattray opted not to compete in the mixed capacity Elite race.

Tonkov_PH_2014_JPA_04_86ee5d8c01.jpg

In the International MX “Dash For Cash” in Lommel, Belgium, the Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing pairing of Romain Febvre and Aleksandr Tonkov enjoyed winning results in the MX2 class.

Incredibly comfortable in the deep and testing sands of the Grand Prix circuit, the duo shared a race win each. In the opening moto, Febvre took control of the race lead on lap one and was never headed. Setting a paced few could match, the Frenchman recorded an incredible 40-second margin of victory. In the second moto Febvre was dealt a blow when he crashed on the opening lap. Remounting in last, the Husqvarna rider was forced to race to the front of the field. Pushing hard to limit the damage, Febvre recovered to finish second and with it take the overall victory.

On course to place second in race one, Tonkov caught some track markers in his rear wheel when overtaking a backmarker. Losing over 30 seconds having been forced to stop and remove the trapped stick, the Russian finished sixth. Determined to make amends for his misfortune, he grabbed the all-important holeshot in race two. Untroubled out front the Husqvarna rider claimed a healthy 23-second win over his teammate to end his day as overall MX2 runner-up to Febvre.

Antti Pyrhönen (Team Manager) Red Bull Ice One Husqvarna Factory Racing:

“I’m so pleased to see Todd finish third overall in both the MX1 and Elite championships. He’s worked hard throughout this short series so to come away with a double podium result is incredibly rewarding. In the final round he had a little bit of bad luck but he never gave up fighting and that was important to see. Unfortunately Tyla got hit with a rock during the MX1 race. Despite some obvious discomfort he rode on to finish the race and secure fourth overall in the series. Opting not to race the final moto was the right decision as it’s important to stay healthy for the first round of the FIM World Motocross Championship in Qatar in a couple of weeks time.”

Jacky Martens (Team Manager) Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing:

“It’s been a brilliant result for the team. Finishing first and second in the MX2 class – we couldn’t ask for better than that. Febvre rode a fantastic opening moto and set some impressive times in the deep, sandy conditions. Unfortunately, he crashed in race two and had to work hard to recover. But he rode determinedly and fought his way back to second to secure the overall win. Aside from Tonkov’s bad luck in race one he never made a mistake all day. His starts were excellent and that really helped him a lot. Overall I’m pleased with how both riders performed in the sand. Our pre-season races have gone well and the focus is now on finalising our hard terrain testing before for the first round of the GPs.”

Results - Campionati Internazionale d’Italia Motocross, Rnd3

MX1

1. Gautier Paulin (KTM) 18 laps, 29:52.953; 2. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 18 laps, 29:54.433; 3. Steven Frossard (Kawasaki) 18 laps, 29:56.375; 4. Max Nagl (Honda) 18 laps, 30:31.293; 5. Tommy Searle (Kawasaki) 18 laps, 30:35.622; 6. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 18 laps, 30:37.085; 7. Tyla Rattray (Husqvarna) 18 laps, 31:16.929

Elite

1. Gautier Paulin (Kawasaki) 17 laps, 28:26.588; 2. Steven Frossard (Kawasaki) 17 laps, 28:29.964; 3. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 17 laps, 28:31.857; 4. Antonio Cairoli (KTM) 17 laps, 29:12.250; 5. David Philippaerts (Honda) 17 laps, 29:17.090… 7. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 17 laps, 29:22.364

Final Championship Standings (After Rnd3)

MX1

1. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 280pts; 2. Antonio Cairoli (KTM) 240pts; 3. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 190pts; 4. Tyla Rattray (Husqvarna) 175pts

Elite

1. Antonio Cairoli (KTM) 240pts; 2. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 200pts; 3. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 130pts; 4. Tyla Rattray (Husqvarna) 125pts

Western National Hare Scramble

Paicines, California, Round 2

arg1.jpg

1. Jacub Argubright

Husqvarna

2. Justin Bonita

KTM

3. Colton Haaker

Honda

4. Gary Sutherlin

KTM

5. Ross Neely