Jump to content
Russhole

Washington Walker Valley Trail Conditions thread

Recommended Posts

Good news!  The DNR has officially opened Tooler Trail after months of hard work by many different folks. This much needed single track link will take the pressure off other routes. Thanks to all that have participated. 

  • Like 12
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:23 PM, EnduroPNW said:

Took a ride on the 690 up to walker, to check the trail condition for a possible ride on the beta tomorrow. Pictures from Today about 4-5:15pm. I'm skipping tomorrow. It's fun for a bit, but if you live far not worth it to me.20190309_162622.jpeg20190309_164048.jpeg20190309_164231.jpeg20190309_165446.jpeg20190309_165549.jpeg20190309_164057.jpeg

You know why all the cops and first responders where there?

Cool to see a fellow TTer riding at walker! I grew up there, currently live 10 minutes from there. I have been doing a lot of riding at tahuya state forest lately too. Love both locations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, crf120 said:

Cool to see a fellow TTer riding at walker! I grew up there, currently live 10 minutes from there. I have been doing a lot of riding at tahuya state forest lately too. Love both locations

Are u new here?

not allowed to say nice things about Tahuya

It’s the moped of nw riding spots. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Are u new here?

not allowed to say nice things about Tahuya

It’s the moped of nw riding spots. 

Lol well I did grow up at walker so its nice to hit the highway trails (tahuya) every once in a while 😂

Edited by crf120

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Anatoli said:

Good news!  The DNR has officially opened Tooler Trail after months of hard work by many different folks. This much needed single track link will take the pressure off other routes. Thanks to all that have participated. 

Does this mean the snow has melted off at least the lower half of Walker?  I'd like to ride Saturday (tomorrow), but I'm not interested in slogging through waist deep snow.  I tried Tahuya last weekend for the 1st time, but didn't find much interesting terrain.  Conditions were awesome though.  I'd like to hit up some Walker single track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, FreerideFanatyk said:

Does this mean the snow has melted off at least the lower half of Walker?  I'd like to ride Saturday (tomorrow), but I'm not interested in slogging through waist deep snow.  I tried Tahuya last weekend for the 1st time, but didn't find much interesting terrain.  Conditions were awesome though.  I'd like to hit up some Walker single track.

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crf120 said:

yes

Tahuya has some good single track action, you just gotta know where to go. Walker is by far the most fun (technical terrain). Tahuya is a groomed freeway

Edited by crf120

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crf120 said:

Tahuya has some good single track action, you just gotta know where to go. Walker is by far the most fun (technical terrain). Tahuya is a groomed freeway

Unless you are in the tight twisty ST that's perfect for a 150 xc-w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KaToomTime said:

Unless you are in the tight twisty ST that's perfect for a 150 xc-w

Sure i guess, I don't have a 150 though. YZ250X here..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crf120 said:

Sure i guess, I don't have a 150 though. YZ250X here..

Yeah me either. IIRC it was @GreenMT_Rider on his 150 leading us through some tighter than usual ST at Tahuya.  But yeah the general characterization is close.  I would say Walker has the highest coefficient of swearing, if you are on the right trails.

Edited by KaToomTime
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×