94 KTM 620

Thanks, I must be a cabbage as I cant find much at all on ebay,nothin at Bike finds.com. Was the model in the pic a rare edition or has it just had its lights pulled off?

model in pics is either a mxc or sx model. However you will probably find a sx model easier. I've seen plenty of the 620's for sale.

I almost bought one. What about a 525?

Yea definitely gota be the white 620 I would be after, mate down the road from me has a 525 but they just dont spin my wheels. Have seen one or maybe two 620's come up for sale here in New Zealand but they have had the lights and gear on them, never seen another one in the full moto x version as in pic other than the one I saw race when it would have been new-what a weapon it was

Yea definitely gota be the white 620 I would be after, mate down the road from me has a 525 but they just dont spin my wheels. Have seen one or maybe two 620's come up for sale here in New Zealand but they have had the lights and gear on them, never seen another one in the full moto x version as in pic other than the one I saw race when it would have been new-what a weapon it was

I'd absolutely love to have a 690. But can't justify the cost right now. My work is too unstable to spend that much.

I've ridden a 620 before. They are nice bikes.

I had a white 94/95 620 exc a couple years ago; bought it on craiglist for $1100, traded it for a 99 yz250 and $300 1.5 years later.  It was a fun bike to ride. Tons of torque from the moment it came off idle; the trick to riding it fast was to just keep shifting to the next gear (it always felt like you were shifting too early when you did it right, but it always pulled hard in that next gear)

My biggest complaints about the bike were: 1) stupid DelOrto carb combined with awkward left-side kicker meant if you tipped over, you were going to be kicking for several minutes to get it to fire back up and you were going to be exhausted by the time you got it running again.  Occasionally it would backfire and blow the carb off the intake.  2) the thing was super top-heavy; all the weight was way up high on the chassis which made a 300+ lbs bike feel like 350lbs.  3) The early 620's were not fully counterbalanced (no counterbalance shaft like the later 625's and 640's) and the thing was like a paint shaker at idle.  A ride down the highway could put my hands to sleep in minutes from how badly the bars would vibrate.  I couldn't keep a functioning taillight/brake light on the bike because it always shook the filaments out of the bulbs; even an led taillight only lasted a few months.

After owning that 620; I still want a 625sxc for a second/dualsport bike which has problem #1 and #3 solved (somewhat) from the factory.  problem #2 just comes with the territory; the faster you ride, the less you notice it.

Thanks for the info, they sound like theyd be bit of a pig to ride vibrating like that, I owned a WR500 and thought that was bad but this sounds worse, anyhow I would still get one if it came available. The exc is obviously more common than the mxc or sx was. I wish I was better on the computer and I would post some old VHS recording of the 620 I saw racing back in the day.

• 4 years later...

Well 4 years after starting this post I have purchased a KTM 620sx. Its not white, its orange 98 model I think. It goes but I have not been for a ride yet as needs chain and sprockets, tyres and a few things, doing filters and oil as well, so its bit of a project. Any major issues I should be checking out or rectifying?

• 2 years later...

So I'm having trouble sorting the carb on the 620. I had it off several times, cleaned reset float level, its running like a dog just above idle, seems like its too rich but idle mixture screw is turned all the way in & wont shut it down. Sometimes at idle it will do a cough back thru the carb then its sometimes impossible to start if it does that.  Any ideas?