Troy Lee Design Catalyst X Knee Braces Or....?

I might be able to get my hands on a pair of Troy Lee Design Catalyst X Knee Braces for a really good deal. $320 instead of the retail price of $550. I tried on both the mediums and the larges. However, here is my dilemma, The mediums fit perfect everywhere except it seems to pinch my knee a little bit too tight (It's bearable but a little too tight for my liking). The larges are a bit too big everywhere but seems to fit my knee a little bit better. Has anybody had this problem with knee braces before? What did they do to resolve them? Is there a skinnier pad that you can put on the sides of the knee on the inside of the brace to help with the too tight issue?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Here are the braces that I am referring to:

TLD11KNEEBRACE.jpg

I've been riding and skiing with CTI braces for many years. In fact just had them rebuilt for about $300.

My thoughts are that THE BRACES NEED TO FIT SNUG. Not pain fully tight, but snug. If they are loose at all they could slip and your knee could twist in it, when you need them the most. 

Call Troy Lee Designs to see if you can get different thickness pads.

They will feel really funky when you start riding in braces. Now if I don't have them on I feel naked.

I've always ridden with Thor Foce Knee Guards, but never knee braces. I can't imagine that they will feel much different. I will have to give TLD a call tomorrow and see if they have different size pads.

I've had an issue with the bolts on the dual axis on the insides of the knees bruising the inside of my knee. Hopefully knee braces will be different.

forceknee_zps86924c1e.jpg

I have a set and couldn't be happier! They are a true medical grade knee brace. Check out VQ OrthoCare. They make the brace for TLD and they are made in the USA. They are easy to rebuild and very durable.  Check out the attached reviews

http://www.vitalmx.com/product/guide/Knee-Accessories,36/Troy-Lee-Designs/Catalyst-X-Knee-Brace,8990

http://www.troyleedesigns.com/videos/troy-lee-designs-catalyst-x-knee-brace-by-vq-orthocare

Edited by T4-Fast_Guy