dear ArkansawMX and MN motocross tracks

Are you guys open yet??? 

It's late February here; what is it... May there? 

It's 6 degree F outside right now; what is it... 70 degrees there?

There is a few feet of snow everywhere around here... I take it the dirt is tacky and has just the right amount of moisture there?

I didn't see this advertised anywhere.  That's OK, I forgive you; just open it up and let me ride and we're good.

thank you

(vent mode off)

Are you guys open yet??? 

It's late February here; what is it... May there? 

It's 6 degree F outside right now; what is it... 70 degrees there?

There is a few feet of snow everywhere around here... I take it the dirt is tacky and has just the right amount of moisture there?

I didn't see this advertised anywhere.  That's OK, I forgive you; just open it up and let me ride and we're good.

thank you

(vent mode off)

I'm with ya there dude!   Umm  whats up with the plane in your avatar?

giphy.gif

I'm still cleanin up my drink off my keyboard.  Pretty priceless response ;-)

I wish it was that warm out. 

Come ride at the Cedar Lake Arena, I built the track this year and hauled the equipment up from Arkansaw, so no more hardpack, its like riding outdoors inside. 

• Like 1

ooooh that sounds nice!  Maybe Scoops and I will have to get motivated one of these weekends.  We used to go there all the time, but now we focus on the ice during the winter.  Congrats on being the track dude there!

So as far as the outdoor stuff... how does the sequence of events usually go?  Everything melts... then we wait for the ground to thaw... then we wait for the mud to clear... then we ride...?

Any gut feelings for how you think things will go there (as far as timeline)?  Have any new plans or tricks up your sleeve? 

Yes I know we're like a month and a half away, optimistically... I just miss riding dirt.

Inquiring minds want a preview of what's to come in 2014!

Scoops and I are going to try these this year:

http://www.amazon.com/GENSSI-Automatic-Infrared-Laptimer-Motorcycle/dp/B00IITMTY0/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1394162920&sr=1-2&keywords=infrared+lap+timer

...so look out Jordan!  Your lap time is going DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

(more exclamation points for wrestler-like effect)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though, we did buy them.  Out of curiousity, what is the time to beat there?

trangwhl, me and my buddies all have those same lap timers, they work great.  It realy makes you push it that much harder when you know your keeping track of your laps.   I think their the most acurate if you put the transmitter on a fast straight away part of the track.  The infared light goes out as a cone so if its in a corner it may not always trigger the reciever at the exact same spot on the track, could trigger a few feet early or late each lap depending on if you take the corner diferent each lap.  It also has a long range so it will trigger the reciever multiple times on a lap if the track is more SX stlye and you go past the sensor at diferent points on the track.

Hoping to get to the Sandbox the rest of the weekends in march.  Usualy go a few times a month all winter but my riding buddies been hurt and its a long drive by myself.

dude thanks so much!  That's great advice.  I put the receiver/sensor behind my number plate, facing left.  I need to add Velcro on the right side as well, in case I need to set up my transmitter on that side of the track.

I put my transmitter on a tripod; also with Velcro:

http://www.target.com/p/targus-tg-6660tr-66-extendable-tripod/-/A-10958573

It should be interesting! 

The thing I'm most interested to see is; when am I going my best?  How many sessions/laps until I'm going as good as I'm going to go; then how long until they fall off?  When I'm tired at the end, how much worse are my times?

I know my times will not be record-setting; but it should be fun for not too much money.

Are you able to see your lap times while you're riding, or is there not enough time to glance down at it and be able to discern the numbers?

ooooh that sounds nice!  Maybe Scoops and I will have to get motivated one of these weekends.  We used to go there all the time, but now we focus on the ice during the winter.  Congrats on being the track dude there!

So as far as the outdoor stuff... how does the sequence of events usually go?  Everything melts... then we wait for the ground to thaw... then we wait for the mud to clear... then we ride...?

Any gut feelings for how you think things will go there (as far as timeline)?  Have any new plans or tricks up your sleeve? 

Yes I know we're like a month and a half away, optimistically... I just miss riding dirt.

Inquiring minds want a preview of what's to come in 2014!

Scoops and I are going to try these this year:

http://www.amazon.com/GENSSI-Automatic-Infrared-Laptimer-Motorcycle/dp/B00IITMTY0/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1394162920&sr=1-2&keywords=infrared+lap+timer

...so look out Jordan!  Your lap time is going DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

(more exclamation points for wrestler-like effect)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though, we did buy them.  Out of curiousity, what is the time to beat there?

Thanks!

Pretty much, kind of guessing we can maybe ride outside in 4 weeks or so, but its hard to say.

Best laptime I saw last year was a 1:31.97 from Jesse Wentland, but I added a bunch to the track since then so I'm guessing pro laps will be around 1:41 or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish it was that warm out. 

Come ride at the Cedar Lake Arena, I built the track this year and hauled the equipment up from Arkansaw, so no more hardpack, its like riding outdoors inside. 

I liked the track this year.  The lanes seemed wider. ?

• 5 weeks later...

Are you in need of some volunteers to help out with that? I do enjoy riding a track now and then but primarily ride trails. I think if some directional trails shaped up it could turn into a destination for more offroad riders especially being so close to the twin cities.

• Like 2

Are you in need of some volunteers to help out with that? I do enjoy riding a track now and then but primarily ride trails. I think if some directional trails shaped up it could turn into a destination for more offroad riders especially being so close to the twin cities.

Yes i would be interested in getting some more volunteers. PM me your number and I'll let you know when we get stuff planned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...