Sign in to follow this  

2010 250XC frame up rebuild begins

Thanks for the reply man. This is my first 2 stroke but I will more than likely replace the top end every winter as well, so I would probably be fine with the pro x

Just wondering what code for the powder you used, I'm looking at a color called Hollyburn from prismatic powders.  It's almost a pearl orange/yellow color... thought it would be neat mixing it with gloss black accents on the bike.  Your frame looks clean though! Looking forward to seeing it all put back together!

Woodsktm32 I am not sure what the powder code is but I can try to find out. Thanks! I can't wait to get it back together!

Been awhile since I was able to work on this project but finally back on it. Shooting to have it all buttoned up by this weekend for the Limestone 100 GNCC. 

photo1_zpsf678c18b.jpg

photo2_zps4f9a1b14.jpg

Well I got the forks rebuilt with new SKF seals and fluid today. I am not going to rush for this weekend because I'm just too busy. However, the local series I run has a race the following weekend it will be done for. Not a big update, but progress.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398308793.175270.jpg

The bike is looking great! Frame looks even better! Roughly how much did it cost for the powder coat? Thinking about doing it to my bike  :devil:

Rear boinger has a new spring and is back on! I plan to rebuild it myself later in the season but should be good to go for now.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398810902.719391.jpg

Also got the new lower shock bearing installed in the swingarm. Should be nice and tight feeling now! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398812587.765400.jpg

Got to work on the bike for a little this evening. This is taking more time than I anticipated (it always does)! I got my new unabiker radiator guards mounted up and started throwing some plastics and graphics on just so it starts looking more like a bike!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398913757.946916.jpg

I also went and did something pretty stupid and I'm kicking myself in the rear end. I got in a hurry and started talking to someone while pressing my swingarm bearings out. Ended up getting one side out, go to flip it over and realize I bent the swingarm!!! I haven't done something this stupid in a long time! Anyone know what years are compatible now that I'm in the market for a new one?