CRF50 carb adjustment questions

Hello again,

I bought an 07 and the air box was destroyed, so I put a pod filter on it. It has a bog about 1/2 throttle. I adjusted the air screw all the way in and the idle doesn't change. With the pod filter I am assuming it is getting tons more air and needs jets. I can take bikes apart and rebuild, but cannot diagnose carb adjustments to save my life. The bike is all stock except for the filter. I have looked but can't find anything to help.

Thanks

Jim

07 CRF50

06 Trailblazer 250

05 CR85RB

05 DR200SE

04 Polaris Sportsman 90

00 KLX300R

91 KTM 250EXC

87 LT50

87 XR600R

I will try that, I pulled the plug and it has been running lean, some black around the threads but the insulator is very light colored.  Thanks for the advice, I will definitely try it.

Jim

I think I was at least a 62 with a pod and exhaust on the bike.  also take the carb apart and give it a cleaning.  If the airbox was jacked, I assume the filter was also jacked and probably allowed some dirt and grime inside the carb.  Take it all part, blast out all the holes with cleaner and air, put it back together with a larger jet, and then do your adjustments.

Once I got the bike I cleaned the carb, it isn't a problem, it is spotless and everything flows.  I ordered a 60 and 62 jet, just waiting on them to come in in a couple of days.  The exhaust is stock, but the pod filter flows a LOT more air than the stock airbox.  Since I can't even get a change with the airscrew, I am going to start with the 62 and see if I can adjust from there.  Once on, I will see where my airscrew needs to be set at and that will let me know if I need to bump to the 60 or stay with the 62.  So right now I am waiting on the jets for the CRF, I cleaned the rust from my LT50 tank and I am chasing wiring on a 2004 Polaris Sportsman 90.  Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the Polaris?

Thanks

Jim