Sign in to follow this  

throttle tube replacement

So, I just hooked up my 02 xr400 with somenew Renthal bars, and grips. I found my throttle tube to be buggered up. I was having trouble finding an oem replacement, and not much luck aftermarket. Any suggestions? Also, rode myself numb up at Shasta Lake last weekend. The Chappie park is awesome with great lake view and Mt Shasta as backdrop!

IMAG1399.jpg

I picked up a new throttle sleeve, and pillow- top lite grips for my new renthal cr high bars. I am going to wait to install the new stuff, until I get some bark busters. I am still not sure which brand/style to buy. I liked the sound of one that mounts to the triples. I can't remember what kind they were...

Beautiful area my wife is from Redding I would love to take the xr out there. Ill be riding up in Burney next month. Im going to try to get down there this summer.

• Like 1

I liked the sound of one that mounts to the triples. 

Like this?

Handguardshaved0590.jpg

Handguard0085.jpg

Edited by Baja Rambler

Yes! Just like that. Are those the Cycra probend with optional mounts?

If you're still looking for a throttle tube, Motion Pro has them. That's what I have on my 02, and I would say it's as good as OEM, only it costs less.

• Like 1

Yes! Just like that. Are those the Cycra probend with optional mounts?

No, those are custom made specific to one bike, handlebar, and handlebar position.

I ordered some cycra probend, with center reach mounts. Also, I found a n aluminum throttle tube with the end open for bar end mounts. Once the bark busters come , I will put it all on with some new grips and upload a photo :-)