Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a hydration pack

I am looking for a hydration system to race a 2 hr hairscramble. I wear a Leatt brace so I was looking at the Leatt h3 hydration system. Please give me some input on some hydration systems that work good with a Leatt brace. What kind of fluid capacity should have for this duration?

The Leatt H2 hydration system works great and holds plenty of fluid. Fits well with the leatt brace and chest protector. It only has a small pocket for storage though. If you plan on taking a lot of tools etc. with you, you may want to go with the "harnesspack". I like the mouthpiece from the "camelbak" brand better, so I switched mouth pieces. Just my preference though. Also, should you go with the Leatt, you may want to invest in a few extra bladders. I reuse the bladders as much as I can, but after a while, they get a little broken down. I can't remember for sure, but I believe the come in packs of 5. Also, purchase an extra "bladder cap with the adapter" to have on hand. Great hydration system though!!

I looked at ogio which model do you reccomend? Does it work well with a Leatt brace?

Edited by Eric1231

The brand to NOT BUY is camelback.......they contribute $$ to causes that work to shut down offroad riding everywhere like the sierra club.

Joe

I haven't replied to this thread, because I don't know if it will work with a neck brace, but I have the Ogio Baja. It was expensive, but some of the best money I have spent. Carries plenty of water for an old fat guy, and has three more zippered compartments for tools, keys, wallets, etc... I love this backpack

Edited to say the mouthpiece is great and really flows

Edited by FUDad

The brand to NOT BUY is camelback.......they contribute $$ to causes that work to shut down offroad riding everywhere like the sierra club.

Joe

I was going to post this very same thing...... DO NOT buy ANYTHING branded Camelbak! Support those that support what we do and love. Not the ones trying to shut our riding areas down!

Joe

I made this mistake. It's nice and I use it, but won't buy another.

• Like 1

Look into military issue hydro pack stuff at a local army navy store if you're on a budget, the bladder size will be average. But the pack fits over body armor pretty well with some wiggle room, so if you're wearing protection it shouldn't be a problem. Make sure ya clean them good and change nozzles. if you are looking for a place, or at least extra space on any other pack, to put your tools look for safety glass holders that have the belt loops, just slip one of your straps through the loops. Like I said, on a budget haha