94 yz250 crank repair?

I have a 94 yz250, they do not make new cranks....... Why? My crank on flywheel side isn't a tight fit, Iam able to move crank side to side. I have heard of shops being able to weld on the shaft an then turn it down to spec. Does anyone know of someone that could do that for a fair price? Thanks to who every responds!

6 CRANKSHAFT ASY

4JX-11400-00-00 1 $355.94 $338.14

My local Yamaha dealership sells the oem brand new crankshafts for 338.14. I know you can get a better deal out there bc my dealership is the most expensive place ever in the whole entire world period! But in case you need the website it is eastbaymotorsports in Hayward CA. I included the part number so you can do a search at other places like rockymountainatvmc and so on.

Good luck,

Chris

Just because your crank shaft floats side to side does not mean that it is toast.  This is how some cranks are designed.  I can't explain why but I have seen it.  You might want to verify whether that behavior is normal or not for your bike before you jump to replacing the crank.  I know on my CRF it moves quite a bit side to side until I torque down the primary drive gear on the crank.