Sign in to follow this  

Chain tightening problems

Anybody experience this?  2013 KX450F.  I adjust the chain to the tighter side of the manual, I set it to 2".  It looks and sounds good but every damn ride it "stretches" out to 2 1/4" or just over that and will stay there, kind of like it really likes 2 1/4".  but at that slack it really sounds like shit and think it actually hits my swing arm.  anybody deal with this?  I have the ERT2 chain, it's not new but really still shouldn't need adjusting every single ride.

I have a Regina x-ring on my 13 and on my yz. On my yz I adjusted once in about the last 40 hours, amazing chain.

On the kx, I've had to adjust it maybe 4 times in the last 20 hours. It stretches enough to scratch up the swingman. I have the tm slider kit also.

It seems to stretch to the same length every time, something with the geometry. I've since adjusted to my normal routine, then it stretched a little and I left it there, it hasn't stretched anymore since.

No problems with the ERT2 chain here. 3 fingers slack right behind the chain slider on top of swingarm.

If run the axel blocks all the way in and take a link out .

Id*+