Sign in to follow this  

Hand guards

What hand guards would you recommend for motocross and hairscrambles?

For motocross all you need is roost guards and for hare scrambles you need bark busters. You can't really get one for mx and woods because they both have specific uses.

I am trying out some Nytro handgaurds this year. A lot of the fast guys run them in my local hare scramble series. I always ran wrap arounds, so it has been a bit of a change. They are extremely nice quality.

wrap around handguards. I have the ( Cycra Pro-Bends )   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cycra-Handguards-Pro-Bend-Racer-Pack-Pair-CRM-Red-7-8-CR-CRF-XR-125-250-450-NEW-/360819309661?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item540281bc5d&vxp=mtr                     <------------ just an example, you can find them much cheaper.

So there is really no comprise? I only want them hairscramble racing but didn't want to take them off for Mx. The wrap around scare me for Mx racing. I am afraid that my wrist will get caught during crash.

Had no idea about the no wraparound requirment at some tracks, would have imagined it was purely just for contact with other riders. Thanks for the FYI.

Although to answer OP,  if you could use the wraparounds the Cycra CRM (as somebody else mentioned) seem to be a good blend of tough and all around ergonomic from what I have experienced. 

A lot of guys get by without wrap arounds in the woods. If you ride that much MX, I'd just get the flag style

• Like 1

I love the moose flex. I think it is made by enduro engineering. They call it moto roost deflector. If it gets hit from the back it just pivots out of the way on a spring loaded hinge. Very durable and a little more stout than any other open ended hand guard I have tried. Nice billet aluminum bracket. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1393996036.490467.jpg

its VERY easy to take off and mound wrap arounds............ if your (woods) racing, any handgaurd that is not a wrap around is a waste and pointless.

My bbusters, only require two bolts to take off. Leave the bar mounts in center.

Just unbolt ends and the single front bolt. Wala done.

Get both and be done.

Acerbis are nice, but a pita to mount.

Besides I have more lever clearance with b,busters.

Ever smack a tree at 45mph you'll wish you had the best.

Jmho.

• Like 1

My bbusters, only require two bolts to take off. Leave the bar mounts in center.

Just unbolt ends and the single front bolt. Wala done.

Get both and be done.

Acerbis are nice, but a pita to mount.

Besides I have more lever clearance with b,busters.

Ever smack a tree at 45mph you'll wish you had the best.

Jmho.

If you hit a tree at 45mph your hands will be the least of your worries.

• Like 1

If you hit a tree at 45mph your hands will be the least of your worries.

If using barkbusters, at least you'll have your hands.

My previous set of acerbis smashed back. At a low speed.

The bark buster haven't even bent, it just snapped the bars. I can deal with that. My hands were fine.

Oh, tuck and roll is best technique. Lol

• Like 2

If using barkbusters, at least you'll have your hands.

My previous set of acerbis smashed back. At a low speed.

The bark buster haven't even bent, it just snapped the bars. I can deal with that. My hands were fine.

Oh, tuck and roll is best technique. Lol

Must have been a Wednesday set....

So long as its not Monday morning or Friday afternoon, BarkBusters should have excellent quality. :lol:

Good to hear you're happy with them.