Sign in to follow this  

New to scramble racing

Good for you  :thumbsup:   They teach you how to read up their in Canada?  The kid doesn't have an over sized tank on his bike  :bonk: .

*there

Beginner hare scrambles are only an hour long, which do not require a large tank. Why don't you take the time to actually learn something instead of spewing your shit all over this thread. 

Edited by BoxcarWilly

*there

Beginner hare scrambles are only an hour long, which do not require a large tank. Why don't you take the time to actually learn something instead of spewing your shit all over this thread. 

LOL, says the guy that assumes Ohio is like Canada  :bonk: .  You're like playing chess with a pigeon, you lost but still strut around shitting all over the board. Go away little boy.

LOL, says the guy that assumes Ohio is like Canada  :bonk: .  You're like playing chess with a pigeon, you lost but still strut around shitting all over the board. Go away little boy.

I'm going to stop after this, because you're obviously more dumb than the stumps I ride over.

I race in Minnesota, AMA ruling, which is consistent across the US. 

I'm going to stop after this, because you're obviously more dumb than the stumps I ride over.

I race in Minnesota, AMA ruling, which is consistent across the US. 

Sure you will sweet cheeks, miss the OXCR part?  It's not AMA sanctioned  :bonk:  :bonk: .  Just stop, it's obvious you're the stump that gets humped by the other racers  :lol:.  The CORCs here is not sanctioned neither  :bonk: .  You sire are a pigeon 

Edited by Toylee_roosta
  • Like 2

What's your strategy when racing a hair scramble? What I am asking is this I know I can nail a dead engine start. Last year I raced an hour long race where half it was on motocross and the other half was on curvy wide trail portion. Any ways I would always be in the top 5 and most of the time in the top 3 coming to the first turn. My problem was my conditioning I would fade back at the 45 minute mark. Any ways when you ride a hairscramble the track is unknow to the riders it appears? Do you pace your self on the first lap to watch those in front show you the course? Or just go for it? I assume racing will not be as intense from the start since it is more of distance event.

Fwiw yes you need to pace yourself, but you need to fight for the first 15-20 minutes . If you don't you may be held up by riders while the lead pack starts checking out.. As many say ,at the halfway point many will start resting etc. make sure your conditioning makes it so you can keep going.

I would also recommend a water pack, hydrate the previous day and morning ,and preride a bit before the race to warm up. Nothing worse than starting off with arm pump

Keep spare fuel,h20 and goggles at the refuel station,and invest in some mesh goggles if its a wet race so you can have decent vision

Thanks the advice Kaos I will have some extra googles setup and fuel in pit stop area. What else would you recommend for the pit stop area?

Don't bother with the take pre-workout supplements throughout the race troll. He will simply start arguing something completely different and personally attack you when he's wrong.

• Like 2

What's your strategy when racing a hair scramble? What I am asking is this I know I can nail a dead engine start. Last year I raced an hour long race where half it was on motocross and the other half was on curvy wide trail portion. Any ways I would always be in the top 5 and most of the time in the top 3 coming to the first turn. My problem was my conditioning I would fade back at the 45 minute mark. Any ways when you ride a hairscramble the track is unknow to the riders it appears? Do you pace your self on the first lap to watch those in front show you the course? Or just go for it? I assume racing will not be as intense from the start since it is more of distance event.

For me it's get a great start, ride hard but cautious on the first lap to learn the track and stay towards the front, then on the second lap I try and find a pace that I can ride at consistently for the rest of the race. It is like a long distance running race and if you go out too hard you'll go so much slower in the end you end up slower overall.  But what is different than a running race is things like dust and bottle necks, you gotta get out in front of those or you're toast no matter what.

Don't bother with the take pre-workout supplements throughout the race troll. He will simply start arguing something completely different and personally attack you when he's wrong.

Little old to cry like a toddler aren't ya?