Sign in to follow this  

2012 CRF 250R Transmission oil Capacity with Hinson cover

Does anyone know how much more oil the bike will take with Hinson cover? I put 700 ml in which is approx. 23.5 oz. ran the bike let it sit for 5 mins. and no oil was coming out of the check bolt. I added more till it started coming out but I don't know how much I added.

It adds 150cc more capacity.

Thanks. Thats about what I added. Can you still put the amount required when stock or is it required to put the extra amount in.

Thanks. Thats about what I added. Can you still put the amount required when stock or is it required to put the extra amount in.

Not sure what you're asking. But if the hinson cover is on the bike, add 150cc to the amount specified in the manual for your bike. No hinson cover, use amount in oem manual.

you need to add the extra 150cc to keep the oil height at the same level. If you fill it up and it comes out of the check bolt your all set. Or if you measure it out like most do, pour in 900cc of oil. 

Edited by tvalliere220