Advice about buying a left-over '13 WR450F

How do I go about finding a good deal on left over '13 in a crate? and how much should I expect to pay for it without taxes?

(I'm exporting it)

I tryed contacting a few dealerships through cycletrader.com and got some good prices on the bikes, but they then mentioned some made-up fees for set-up and such, as high as $1,200...

(I want it in the crate it came in... what set-up! :rant: )

I paid $6,800 + tax for an assembled '13 last November in Louisiana.  This price had factored in a Yamaha rebate.  I wouldn't pay more than $6500 for one in a crate.

I know the OP indicated he's exporting it.  What he means is, how does he get a "deal" on a crated unit, exported from US, imported into Israel/

I dont know that we can answer this for him, It requires a US dealer willing to re-export export to Israel...

I paid $6,800 + tax for an assembled '13 last November in Louisiana.  This price had factored in a Yamaha rebate.  I wouldn't pay more than $6500 for one in a crate.

Thank you.

I know the OP indicated he's exporting it.  What he means is, how does he get a "deal" on a crated unit, exported from US, imported into Israel/

I dont know that we can answer this for him, It requires a US dealer willing to re-export export to Israel...

The re-exporting wasn't a problem for the dealerships I talked to. the problem was all of them had the '13 assembled already (or so they claim) and therefore wanted the setup fee which wasn't cheap (and I have to factor-in the local taxes - 100%  ? )

Setup fees are total BS. The dealer receives money from the manufacturer to setup, service and adjust the motorcycle. You should always deal with a bottom line number in mind and aim for that number. Setup should not be in the equation. Yamaha dealers ALL pay the same price for a motorcycle from the distributor, whether the dealer is in Bangor, ME; San Diego, CA or Seattle, WA.

The one difference between dealers and even between two of the same make and model of motorcycle on a single dealer's showroom floor, is how much the money cost in the form of interest paid to a bank that the dealer used to buy the motorcycles. Thus, two identical motorcycles on a dealer's floor could have two different bottom lines for that dealer.

The best and only way to buy a motorcycle is to remain businesslike and polite with the salesman and offer a low but not lowball purchase price. Always ask, "Will you take $xxx for the motorcycle out the door?" If the salesman says no, prepare to walk away. The salesman WILL counter your offer. You can come up a little bit or you can walk out -- to return another day. Remember, a salesman is only going to let you walk, if you have offered too little money to make the dealership's bottom line pencil out. If you have remained cordial and polite, you can play this game several times, until you know how low the dealership will go on the motorcycle -- act in haste, repentant in leisure.

Setup fees are total BS. The dealer receives money from the manufacturer to setup, service and adjust the motorcycle. You should always deal with a bottom line number in mind and aim for that number. Setup should not be in the equation. Yamaha dealers ALL pay the same price for a motorcycle from the distributor, whether the dealer is in Bangor, ME; San Diego, CA or Seattle, WA.

The one difference between dealers and even between two of the same make and model of motorcycle on a single dealer's showroom floor, is how much the money cost in the form of interest paid to a bank that the dealer used to buy the motorcycles. Thus, two identical motorcycles on a dealer's floor could have two different bottom lines for that dealer.

The best and only way to buy a motorcycle is to remain businesslike and polite with the salesman and offer a low but not lowball purchase price. Always ask, "Will you take $xxx for the motorcycle out the door?" If the salesman says no, prepare to walk away. The salesman WILL counter your offer. You can come up a little bit or you can walk out -- to return another day. Remember, a salesman is only going to let you walk, if you have offered too little money to make the dealership's bottom line pencil out. If you have remained cordial and polite, you can play this game several times, until you know how low the dealership will go on the motorcycle -- act in haste, repentant in leisure.

Thanks BajaFool, that is the advice I was looking for.

What would you (or anyone else) would consider a lowball offer on a crated '13 Wr450F?

In other wards, at what price should I start a negotiation? And to what price I should aim for a closure without taxes and registration?

Eighty,

The best way to research prices is to use www.cycletrader.com. Narrow your search to dealer, nationwide, and new 2013 Yamaha WR450F. I found 120 motorcycles that matched these search criteria.

Some of the better deals, included MichaelWR's deal in Ohio for $6,498 out the door. By the way, this ad said + destination charges, but that is also a BS charge. There were numerous other bikes offered for a few hundred dollars more than this price that where located closer to a seaport, thus making your shipping costs less. I would say that MichaelWR's deal of $6,498 out the door is by far the best deal I saw on Cycle Trader.

There was one deal located not far from me at Temecula Motorsport, in Murrieta, California at $5,999. However, there was the additional information included in the ad that this price did not include setup, destination and licensing fees, as well as state sales tax. While you could probably eliminate some of the fees at Temecula Motorsport, you would have to ship the bike across the country to get to an East coast port for shipping. These are numbers to pay with, go out and buy a new bike.

Remember, ask to speak to the Sales Manager or Internet Sales Manager. Don't be afraid to negotiate, you will know when your offer is too low, it is when the Sales Manager lets you walk out the door or hangs up the telephone.

Eighty,

The best way to research prices is to use www.cycletrader.com. Narrow your search to dealer, nationwide, and new 2013 Yamaha WR450F. I found 120 motorcycles that matched these search criteria.

Some of the better deals, included MichaelWR's deal in Ohio for $6,498 out the door. By the way, this ad said + destination charges, but that is also a BS charge. There were numerous other bikes offered for a few hundred dollars more than this price that where located closer to a seaport, thus making your shipping costs less. I would say that MichaelWR's deal of $6,498 out the door is by far the best deal I saw on Cycle Trader.

There was one deal located not far from me at Temecula Motorsport, in Murrieta, California at $5,999. However, there was the additional information included in the ad that this price did not include setup, destination and licensing fees, as well as state sales tax. While you could probably eliminate some of the fees at Temecula Motorsport, you would have to ship the bike across the country to get to an East coast port for shipping. These are numbers to pay with, go out and buy a new bike.

Remember, ask to speak to the Sales Manager or Internet Sales Manager. Don't be afraid to negotiate, you will know when your offer is too low, it is when the Sales Manager lets you walk out the door or hangs up the telephone.

Thank you, will do as you advised.

And if anyone hears of a good deal please let me know.

All dealers DO NOT pay the same... There are better discounts to dealers that buy more bikes...

All dealers DO NOT pay the same... There are better discounts to dealers that buy more bikes...

Definitely true that they don't all pay same. Plus there can be other situations where say a dealership goes out of business, then Yamaha will 'auction' off that dealer's inventory to other dealers at reduced prices. The dealer where I bought my WR, I bought their last 2012 in stock. Then a few months later, they had a few more 2012s even cheaper. They got those cheaper from Yamaha so were selling them cheaper... simple as that.

Definitely true that they don't all pay same. Plus there can be other situations where say a dealership goes out of business, then Yamaha will 'auction' off that dealer's inventory to other dealers at reduced prices. The dealer where I bought my WR, I bought their last 2012 in stock. Then a few months later, they had a few more 2012s even cheaper. They got those cheaper from Yamaha so were selling them cheaper... simple as that.

Very good!

Does anybody know of a dealership wanting to let a 13' go for a good price?