Sign in to follow this  

Sold the 250L / Moab / Toy Haulers

As much as I wanted to keep it, however, my d/s plans changed, so I wound up selling it.

I bought this bike initially to do the 1st 1/2 of the TAT on the eastern side of the USA this coming summer.

It's the Perfect bike for those flatter, more open states.

But now that we're doing the western side, CO, UT, NV, instead,  I don't want to do it on 250L. I have

my Husaberg for that. So I sold it.

FOr those thinking about selling their 250L, you will be amazed at how quickly this bike sells itself.

Mine sold on CL,  took less than a week, and for the most part, most buyers were serious about buying mine.

I got my asking price for it.

Got some left over parts I'm selling, All the parts are practically brand new. Only had them on the bike for 300 miles, or a month.

they're listed in my signature below.

Well plans change...  Every CRFL I've seen on CL sell within a day or two.

Which Husaberg do you have?

About your parts you should add "PM for details" to your sig. 

BTW, feel free to update us on your adventures.  We like pictures too.

• Like 1

Which Husaberg do you have?

I have this bike...FE390. That sucker gets 70 mpg! Incredible machine. Here we be out exploring Moab

moab_sml.jpg

SAM_2872.jpg

one more pic....

SAM_2855.jpg

I'll be back there again this summer.

• Like 5

Moab is about 225 miles and less than 4 hours from my house. Been there a few times, but never on a bike. I need to find a riding buddy or two!

• Like 3

Moab is about 225 miles and less than 4 hours from my house. Been there a few times, but never on a bike. I need to find a riding buddy or two!

I'll do it with ya

• Like 1

Positron, if you are ever in Utah it would be my honor to meet/ride with you. I'm retired, so no scheduling conflicts EVER, hahaha. I have, and could learn ALOT from you. Southern Utah has some of the coolest scenery in the world!

• Like 2

Positron, if you are ever in Utah it would be my honor to meet/ride with you. I'm retired, so no scheduling conflicts EVER, hahaha. I have, and could learn ALOT from you. Southern Utah has some of the coolest scenery in the world!

Retired?!?! Lucky! Haha, can't wait to do that. I was "retired" for 2 years when my job of 20 years closed down, and those 2 years were fantastic. Now I'm working again and have to wait to be old(er) :D

• Like 2

I'd love to see Utah during the summer period. I have a US trip planned but no firm dates as yet.

I'm 400 miles away. I would love to go out there sometime. My only deal is I would want to bring the family and the camper. And I haven't found a way to haul the bike with the camper yet. Need to get a toy hauler.

• Like 1

I'd love to see Utah during the summer period. I have a US trip planned but no firm dates as yet.

Every July we take a trip to Wisconsin for a couple of weeks. (My wife inherited a cabin there) so, other than that trip, I'm usually in the state. Earlier in the summer, late June or early July I like to get up to Yellowstone to camp/fish/site see.
  • Like 1

I'm 400 miles away. I would love to go out there sometime. My only deal is I would want to bring the family and the camper. And I haven't found a way to haul the bike with the camper yet. Need to get a toy hauler.

Southern Utah can get pretty hot during the summer months, that's why I like heading north. The national parks in S Utah are great for kids, but so are Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. For those unaware of the site, NPS.GOV is the national park service site.

I'm leaning toward a receiver hitch carrier on my Ford Expedition, but idk, maybe a trailer also. I've seen some custom front hitch carriers that might be an option for you if you need rear access to your camper

• Like 1

I've gone full circle with my bike transporting needs. I started out with a lightweight single axle 3 row trailer that I hitched up to a 1980 bmw. Back then I was raising two kids that ride, a 6yr & 2 yr old boys, so I was only hauling my bike and two minis and we only did day rides. Over the yrs, as we all grew and our bikes grew as well, I bought a new truck, then a new 16' double axle enclosed trailer, then I upgraded to a new 20' toy hauler. Then, my oldest discovered football, and dropped out of the riding scene, then my youngest discovered girls, and he also dropped out of the riding scene. So I sold the enclosed trailer and the toy hauler, and put the light trailer back into commission. I also bought a rail type hitch hauler, then a  hydraulic hitch hauler, then a 2nd hydraulic hitch hauler thinking I can put one in the front of the truck as well as one in the back. Come to find out, w/ a bike in front of the truck, I can't even see out the front windshield to drive. Then a couple yrs ago, seeing that I wasn't even using my truck but 3 -4 times a yr, I decided to just go back to basics. So I sold the p/up, and now I use a car to tow a light trailer. I have a Civic when I only want to tow one or two bikes. I get 29 mpg hwy w/ this setup. When I want to take 3 bikes, I take the Camry, and it gets 24 mpg hwy towing 3 bikes. Having gone through all those options, I find that a simple open trailer is easier to load and strap up the bike by yourself than using a hitch hauler of some sort. The advantage of the hitch hauler, especially the hydraulic one, is that it's compact enough to just leave it in the back of the p/up when not being used or hidden away in the back of the shed or against the wall of the garage. But they're heavy for one person to hand carry to the hitch and slide them into the receiver. THe light trailer can be rolled right to the hitch ball and attaching it to the hitch is pretty easy. 

• Like 4

I just use a lightweight cheap utility trailer I got used for $200.00 on the spur of the moment when I bought a pair of bikes on a whim ... :banana: ... the trailer was delivered to me at the Honda dealer so I could get the bikes home ...  :lol:  I called the guy just to borrow it ...  :shocked:

Oh and he also installed Brand New lights on it and packed the wheel bearings per my request as I did not try to talk him down on price at the time. I also did not know these sold for as much money as they do at Home Depot .... 600 I think ....  :excuseme:

It could use some welding of wheel chocks and maybe some flooring to beef it up a tad but, overall I really like it. The back is low enough to just roll the bikes off and I only use the ramp to load them up....  :ride:

post-327736-0-19831200-1395091917.jpg

and with the new 150 on it ....  :thumbsup: 

post-327736-0-08786900-1395092814.jpg

IMG_20130330_141144.jpg

IMG_20140227_163156.jpg

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 3

I have a 4x8' trailer (red harbor fright one) I bought off CL for 100 bucks.

I built a 5' tall box in it that I store my goose decoys in. When the season is over I take the box out with a forklift (I work at a lumber yard) and have the flat bed back for the CRF. I also have an aluminum bike hauler for the hitch from harbor freight as well. But I prefer the trailer.

I have a lowered Tacoma for my bike hauling needs, but I'm tired of having a truck, plus I rarely haul the bike, so thinking a Harbor Freight trailer and getting a car as well. The truck is easy to load into since it's lowered, but there's no room in the cab and I rarely need the truck as a truck. I see a car and a trailer in my future lol. 

crf.jpg

• Like 1

How are those little trailers for towing at 80mph? If unsafe at that speed, what's a comfortable safe towing speed?

I'm not asking about 100-200 mile trips, but more like 1500 miles over two days.

Edited by UtahPaul

I've never towed mine that far. If I was going to I would buy a trailer with 15" wheels. But I do cruise with it at 80 mph, but only for 20-30 miles.