Sign in to follow this  

2013 KTM EXC-F with 1,280 miles = high miles?

Just sold my Honda 450X and looking at jumping over to a KTM 350 EXC-F.  I found a used 2013 with 1,280 miles on it and being new to KTM wasn't sure how this adds up.  Does it need a new top end?  Is this a lot of miles for a 2013?  thanks for your feedback!

I don't think that is a lot of miles. I have over 1,600 on my EXC500. No problems.

Just sold my Honda 450X and looking at jumping over to a KTM 350 EXC-F.  I found a used 2013 with 1,280 miles on it and being new to KTM wasn't sure how this adds up.  Does it need a new top end?  Is this a lot of miles for a 2013?  thanks for your feedback!

I have 26 hours on my 2013 350exc and that is about 500 miles so you have about 65 hours on the bike using my numbers thats nothing. If you go by the book your looking at a piston at 135 hours. The questions you should be asking is why is the guy selling it? does it have any problems? etc etc...

The bike has 43.5 hours on it.  Owner said he did a lot of road riding to get to mellow trails, he's 60 so I doubt the bike was ridden too hard.  Other concern I have is that he installed a X Bushing to lower the seat, I'm 6'2" so I'd need to put this back to stock if possible.  Looks like in order to install the X Bushing you have to grind some of the linkage to make room for the swing arm?

bought my 07 450 exc with 1200 miles and 47 hrs. I dont think that is high miles at all. I dont know if that x-bushing is the same for my bike as yours but if it is I would be open to trade my stock bushing for the x.

43.5 hours is nothing, I've had my XCW less than 6 months and it has 62hrs already. The EXC has no linkage, it's part of the swing arm thats removed to allow the X bushing fittment. Not a deal breaker by any means. Get the bike.

I've got over 85 hours and 2300 miles on my 13 500 with no issues. Great bike, and senior owned you should be good!

Just broken in for you. The X-bushing can be taken out and the stock bushing reinstalled. You only relieve the a very tiny amount of aluminum so the bottom of the shock does not rub the swingarm. Measured in thousands'.

Keep the X-Bushing in.  It is easily height adjustable, or you can also easily replace the X-Bushing with a standard non-eccentric bushing.