Sign in to follow this  

Top end 2000 kx 125

I bought a 2000 kx 125 with a bad top end the guy gave me the cylinder that was bored and a new piston. Anyway I put it on and after couple of ride their was a funny sound coming from the top end and when I opend it I noticed scratches on the piston. Dont know where they came from. It looks like the came from the cylinder but not sure. Need help

1395337085680.jpg

I bought a 2000 kx 125 with a bad top end the guy gave me the cylinder that was bored and a new piston. Anyway I put it on and after couple of ride their was a funny sound coming from the top end and when I opend it I noticed scratches on the piston. Dont know where they came from. It looks like the came from the cylinder but not sure. Need help

How about a pic of the cylinder? Scratches look pretty deep, is it possible a little piece of your circlip got in there?

The cylinder is clean. I think that it might be scratching on the small ports on the sides of the cylinder .but not sure

If I get a super fine grit sand paper and go around the edges of the ports do u think it will help