Sign in to follow this  

EG134?

Anyone got cr134? Tell me about it. I've got my 02 cr125 cylinder out for 134 bb and mo betta porting. I was expecting it to be done this week per verbal before I shipped it off but found out today it will be another 20 days before it's ready due to their work load. Anyway since I can't ride my bike and I'm frustrated about this news of delay, I'm hoping that it will be worth it when I do get it back.

I have heard some good things about EG and bad but since I'm impatiently waiting my cylinder, I'd really love to hear some positives.

Just make sure the rest of the motor is tight and plan on jetting up on the main a good size or two richer.it took like 4 weeks when he did my 144.

Just make sure the rest of the motor is tight and plan on jetting up on the main a good size or two richer.it took like 4 weeks when he did my 144.

I went leaner on the main, 185 to 182.  Then I read something on EG's self help technical section that suggest the same, leaner on the main, possible richer on the pilot.  The port work helps a lot.  You're going to like it.

• Like 1

Yea I had to go up to a 450 main on my 144 gorr did on my 06 yz mid top high comp head don't go advocating leaner jetting right off the bat, better safe to start off rich and foul a couple plugs then lock up the top end. my friend had gorr make his 06 cr 139 also mid top porting high comp head had to go richer a couple sizes on the main.

Yea I had to go up to a 450 main on my 144 gorr did on my 06 yz mid top high comp head don't go advocating leaner jetting right off the bat, better safe to start off rich and foul a couple plugs then lock up the top end. my friend had gorr make his 06 cr 139 also mid top porting high comp head had to go richer a couple sizes on the main.

I agree that its better to go richer to start with.  Just saying….  Also, I went with the low/mid porting and really like it.  I do hit top and over-rev regularly, but spend very little time there.  Most of my time is in the midrange power band.  

Thanks for the response! I was running a little rich on stock bore since the weather hasn't been cooperative since I installed the pwk. I've got 45, blue 4, 185 currently but that was for bout 60 deg; so we'll see.

I just had my 02 CR125 bored to an EG 134 from the time I shipped it out till the time they shipped it back was about 1 week and 1 day. It looks great. Cant wait for spring to show up. Just to cold to ride ln Mn.

• Like 1

Yeah I just got an email saying it shipped out from there yesterday. So it was only there 12 days, I guess they just told me that to stress me out lol. I'm super stoked to get it buttoned up and broke it to do some testing this weekend. :)

• Like 1

Yeah I just got an email saying it shipped out from there yesterday. So it was only there 12 days, I guess they just told me that to stress me out lol. I'm super stoked to get it buttoned up and broke it to do some testing this weekend. :)

Under promise, over deliver.  They told you it would take a month so you would be stoked when it only took a week.

EDIT:  I love my 144.  As far as jetting, I would start with the settings you already have and then adjust as you need to.  EG says on his website that generally stock settings work on the bb kits but like has been said above generally bb kits like leaner jetting. 

Edited by frdbtr
  • Like 1

Well after heat cycles ya da ya da I put about 4 hrs on my bike today. I have to say that it is awesome! I ended up dropping my jetting to 42, red 4th and 182. It was still running little rich but once I started riding it I didn't wanna stop to take the carb off and figured a little rich was ok for first test.

I found myself not needing to clutch out of a lot of turns if I could keep good entry speed. Also it was nice on sand whoop sections being able to lift the front end by twisting the throttle. It still feels like my 125 but better. With my porting it will lug a bit and pulls good by rolling on throttle but when I get up around 6k rpms all hell breaks loose.

I'd like to hear from someone with details of how low/mid porting reacts since I race hs, crosscountry that might be the way to go unless it comes on about same rpm etc...

Anyway I'm very happy with the work done by EG!

Edited by CoJo_MoJo