Sign in to follow this  

04 rm125 oil leak?

Hey guys I just recently got a rm125 that runs amazing very quick bike. I love it. But when I got it it has a stripped drain bolt so I retreaded and it doesn't leak. But I fill it to the "fill hole" and run it for 5-10 min bring it back in the shop and it's low. At least a half cup most of the time. No signs of it leaking from the case anywhere and no water In the rads. Is there a trick I don't know about. Maybe a diff fill hole? Any suggestions appreciated thanks.

Mabye your oil and water seal are bad the seals behind the coolant prepellar deal in the coolant pump. Im guessing if it's leaking anywhere it's probably there.

. Wouldn't that cause the anti freeze to be in the oil? Theirs neither anti freeze in the oil. Or oil in the rads.

if you have a right side crank seal leaking you could just be burning it.  Engine oil leaks into the bottom end, becomes part of the mixture, gets burned along with the fuel and premix.  Do you have alot of spooge?  Is the bike running rich?  Plug black?

I wonder if you are using the fill hole (I'm assuming you mean the fill level hole on the right side case) properly.  The oil passages are not very large between the right side case and the center cases, and if you are pouring it in rapidly, it might fill up the side case before it gets to the transmission cavity.  Try pouring in the proper amount (I think it's 750cc, and I always add about 50cc or so) with the fill hole bolt in place.  Then let the bike sit or even ride it a bit to make sure the oil is fully distributed.  Then check the level.

I wonder if you are using the fill hole (I'm assuming you mean the fill level hole on the right side case) properly. The oil passages are not very large between the right side case and the center cases, and if you are pouring it in rapidly, it might fill up the side case before it gets to the transmission cavity. Try pouring in the proper amount (I think it's 750cc, and I always add about 50cc or so) with the fill hole bolt in place. Then let the bike sit or even ride it a bit to make sure the oil is fully distributed. Then check the level.

bikes not running rich or smoking a lot and I'm using the little check bolt right behing the water pump it's kinda counter sunk in between the water pump and the circle where the clutch is.

bikes not running rich or smoking a lot and I'm using the little check bolt right behing the water pump it's kinda counter sunk in between the water pump and the circle where the clutch is.

That's what I'm talking about.  If the bike is running well, maybe you are not giving the oil time to settle in the cases before you check the level.  If you were leaking 1/2 a cup, or drawing that much into the combustion chamber, surely you would notice some effect.

That's what I'm talking about. If the bike is running well, maybe you are not giving the oil time to settle in the cases before you check the level. If you were leaking 1/2 a cup, or drawing that much into the combustion chamber, surely you would notice some effect.

. Thanks! I'll look into it when I get home, I appreciate all the replies.