Sign in to follow this  

2003 250sx tranny problems

I have an 03 250sx. When ever I pull the clutch in and put it in gear the bike we stall if I don't give some gas. I changed to gear oil and it still does. Anyone know what could be wrong?

I have an 03 250sx. When ever I pull the clutch in and put it in gear the bike we stall if I don't give some gas. I changed to gear oil and it still does. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Did you try adjusting the clutch cable/lever?

At the lever for the clutch there is a knob you can turn out, but these no point in turning it all the way out because the when you pull the clutch in it can go in to a certain point if you understand ahah? Its hard to understand

the clutch drag is normal on a bike with a few miles on it. The plates can be warped, the basket can be grooved. But first check the external things. Be sure the master cyl is full of oil and bleed it, check to be sure the red adjuster at the lever is adjusted right as well. I would also change the trans oil to automobile synth trans fluid-the red stuff.

I messed with the adjuster and felt like it made it worse. Would getting a new clutch kit solve the problem? Should I get a new basket as well?

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt
alt

Preferences

the master cyl was full of oil. i took apart the clutch to see what the plates looked like and they looked pretty warn. also when it was apart i pulled the clutch in and nothing moved. shouldn't the discs move?