05 yz450f stator question

Just got my custom stator in wired for lights. It has a power lead and also has a floating ground system. My question is that I don't t have any lights wired in....I just installed the stator yesterday. I wanted to start the bike to make sure it will run, but I don't want to fry anything by having the power and the floating ground not connected to anything. I know normally you can unconnect your power lead and test it to see what your output is. But I haven't seen that with any floating ground systems. Just want to make sure before I accidently make all the work worthless.

Anyone have any input? Preferably from someone who has tried this with a floating ground system.

Thanks

You need a regulator to work with the system. i would think as long as nothing is connected but the plug you should be ok.

You need a regulator to work with the system. i would think as long as nothing is connected but the plug you should be ok.

Thanks 700r. Yeah with everything hooked up I'll need the reg/rec and a batt. But I was just worried about running the bike with the power lead and the floating ground lead not connected at all. Mostly worried about the floating ground not being connected just because I've never dealt with one before. It would really suck to fry it accidentally.

Any other yay or nayers. Any input is appreciated

I would think since there is no current flowing through it, it wouldn't do anything at all kinda like turning the light switch off. From my experience with electric is when you burn it up is with too much current, to much resistance, direct ground to short it out or if you want to turn a electric motor into a flame thrower hook too many circuits up to it lol.

I got the trail tech regulator/ rectifier and their battery for my 06 YZ450. I got the electrex work stator form stealthy offroad but i'm having issues with getting spark and keeping it running.

Edited by 700rScott

As long as the power ouput lead is not shorted to the frame, nothing will happen.