How durable are SSR pitbikes?

I've wanted a pitbike for quite awhile just to have some fun on and for trail riding. I have a built cr125 for track and trail but it'd be nice to have something that's not as expensive to muck around on and just to have a second bike for when cousins come to town to ride the trails. I was thinking about buying a roller and throwing a yx140 or similar motor in. I've seen a lot of ssr rollers that are in pretty good condition for not to much but how good are they? I'm just under 6' and 170 pounds. The trails where I ride have a lot of sections that are full of large rocks (approximately 1-2 feet wide) and I would prolly be doing some jumping as well. Probably not 20' doubles but if like to know If I wanted to hit one the bike wouldn't break on me. Is ssr a good enough brand? And where is a good place to look for them other than craigslist?

Pit Bikes

So you're looking for a pit bike?

If you're not sure where to begin looking, keep the following information in mind as you browse this section.

If you're looking for a bike for yourself, and you've ever owned a full-size bike before, you most likely want to start in the Race Ready Pit Bike section. These are our high quality bikes that can really take a beating.

We also category specifically set up for bikes that are very sturdy and can hit the tough trail or even the Practice tracks

Track and Trail Bikes

If you're looking for something to rip around the back yard and mob the neighborhood, or if you're looking for a bike for an inexperienced rider, or somebody who is just starting out, you may want to look around the Play Bike area.  The bikes in this section are also quality bikes, but they generally as performance oriented, and aren't bikes we suggest launching off 40ft doubles.

Pit Bikes

So you're looking for a pit bike?

If you're not sure where to begin looking, keep the following information in mind as you browse this section.

If you're looking for a bike for yourself, and you've ever owned a full-size bike before, you most likely want to start in the Race Ready Pit Bike section. These are our high quality bikes that can really take a beating.

We also category specifically set up for bikes that are very sturdy and can hit the tough trail or even the Practice tracks

That's good info but I'm asking specifically about the SSR 125. It's a 2010 I'm not sure which model it is. Which category would that bike fall under?

Sorry I forgot to specify that the bike I'm looking at is an ssr 125

SSR 125. It's a 2010 I'm not sure which model it is.

so the question is impossible to answer till we know what model it is ...

Yeah that's what I though I can put up a picture of it if that helpsImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395538661.706420.jpg it's the the 125 semi auto version it's all stock

so the question is impossible to answer till we know what model it is ...

does that help at all?

Its a Playbike 

Its a Playbike

Meaning?

If you're looking for something to rip around the back yard and mob the neighborhood, or if you're looking for a bike for an inexperienced rider, or somebody who is just starting out, you may want to look around the Play Bike area.  The bikes in this section are also quality bikes, but they generally not as performance oriented, and aren't bikes we suggest launching off 40ft doubles.

Edited by T Bolt USA

My brother has had an ssr125 for 4-5 years now. He weighs around 130 and it holds him pretty well. All I can say is you get what you pay for. However, If you can get a good deal on it and it's in decent shape I say go for it. Should you be launching off any 20' doubles? I wouldn't recommend it. I've been looking into a piranha p140r the 12/14 version. Trying to get some friends together to buy at the same time and pick them up; maybe a cheaper deal. (Cough tbolt, lol)

I'm 145 I have a 110semi auto "no clutch" ssr 2011. I also have a older ssr 125 with a clutch. For trails they are both beyond fun. Jumps etc negative they will snap in half. They do have hi performance way more expensive pit bikes though.

im 180 and have had 110 fully manual since 2011.  been holding up fine.