Locked Up 2005 CRF250R

Hondaman the 11 is fuel injected , whole motor is new but I did notice last week that exhaust clearance was a little excessive 12 on one and 13 on the other , engine builder said he set them at 10 and intakes are at 6 so i don't know how they grew in clearance , bike does run good tho just not a real stable idle !

I am sorry to not realize the efi! Of course I should have been a bit more attentive. If the exhaust clearance grew I would say you had a carbon pocket under the valve that is building and that would do it as it is killing your compression and draw of fuel. I hate efi, haven't switched to it yet myself and quite frankly don't want to until I know more.

I am sorry to not realize the efi! Of course I should have been a bit more attentive. If the exhaust clearance grew I would say you had a carbon pocket under the valve that is building and that would do it as it is killing your compression and draw of fuel. I hate efi, haven't switched to it yet myself and quite frankly don't want to until I know more.

I totally agree its like when fuel injected trucks came out I'm gonna wait til it can further develop and become easier to deal with when its a little more trusted.

Hey hondaman we just got in from riding today and with eddies remap The bike ran great idk if it ran better but it did run good ,started right up and no issues on the track , I'm gonna recheck the valves tomorrow after I get it all cleaned up , I guess it's possible I made a mistake checking last time but I know my engine guy said 6 and 10 and when I checked at 20 and 30 hrs its right where he said now were at 45 so idk we will see , ill report back

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

There is a video on youtube that explains in 4 videos how to completely rebuild it. Just follow all the steps with him and you will be golden. Just replaced my crank bearing last summer but i wasn't as lucky as i also had to buy both cases from honda.