Sign in to follow this  

lost the spark in my lc4. help:D

Hello, i lost the spark in my lc4, ive changed cdi,pickup coil and ignition coil, plug and theres still no spark.

ive also tested the cdi orange wire and the wire on the right side and theres 12vdc as it should i guess(orange 12vdc, other is gnd)

blue/white wire theres about 200v.

the engine is swapped to a quad so the harness is sliced bigtime, but which wires need to be connected to the cdi to get it running? is there any securitysystem or something else thats stopping it from igniting? the startermotor is ok, but no spark. i guess if the (sidestand/clutch/neutral) security is "active" the starter wouldnt work?

does anyone have any ideas? :D

sry for the the "rally english"

// Alexander

Hello, i lost the spark in my lc4, ive changed cdi,pickup coil and ignition coil, plug and theres still no spark. ive also tested the cdi orange wire and the wire on the right side and theres 12vdc as it should i guess(orange 12vdc, other is gnd) blue/white wire theres about 200v. the engine is swapped to a quad so the harness is sliced bigtime, but which wires need to be connected to the cdi to get it running? is there any securitysystem or something else thats stopping it from igniting? the startermotor is ok, but no spark. i guess if the (sidestand/clutch/neutral) security is "active" the starter wouldnt work? does anyone have any ideas? :D sry for the the "rally english" // Alexander

did some reserch today, the old cdi(586.39.031.000) gives spark when the voltage goes low about 12v, but thats not enough to crank it properly. voltage any higher and the spark dissapears.

with new cdi, the spark is compleatley gone. but theres over 100vdc going to the coil when cranking(but no spark)

the new cdi is from a 625smc (584.39.031.800) apperantly theres differences in the cdi boxes for the lc4 engine??(i thought they where all about the same..)

any chance to get the thing running by swapping wires in the cdi socket or something?

//Alexander