Alternative to mighty vac?

I use a mighty vac tool a lot (old cars and bikes), and I'm really getting sick of the poor quality of the might vac tool (parts don't fit right, tubes don't seal well, etc).  Is there an alternative that does not cost an arm and a leg?

I use a mighty vac tool a lot (old cars and bikes), and I'm really getting sick of the poor quality of the might vac tool (parts don't fit right, tubes don't seal well, etc). Is there an alternative that does not cost an arm and a leg?

I've used a small brake bleeder before. The quart size unit, vacuum bleeder.

Don't know how much vacuum you are looking for.

Maybe add a regulator.

I've had a Mighty Vac that was 20 years old that finally bit the bullet last year. I bought one from harbor Freight and it's even more inferior to the Mighty Vac, but gets the job done. We use something similar to this one at work. http://www.amazon.com/Brake-Bleeder-Vacuum-Pump-Kit/dp/B005BT90DI/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1395405899&sr=1-3&keywords=hand+brake+bleeder What's nice is that it metal barb on the tool. But, I've gone through 2 of them and we only use them to apply vacuum on a special filter to filter small water samples.

Is this to clean your bike? If so I use my land scape blowers to blow of excess water. Works good on cars to.

Mighty Vac (if serviced and taken care of) works well, holds a good, strong, controllable vacuum.

I also have a cheapo hand vac used to suck the air out of plastic food bags (ziplock???) It dies not pull a lot of vacuum but it is battery operated and can draw down brake fluid and suck coolant.

The mighty vac is key when testing a vacuum operated device because of the control it provides. But it kills me hand when pumping it a lot.

If I have to suck a large volume of liquid, a speed bleeder works wonders. they connect to a air compressor.

Mighty Vac (if serviced and taken care of) works well, holds a good, strong, controllable vacuum.

I also have a cheapo hand vac used to suck the air out of plastic food bags (ziplock???) It dies not pull a lot of vacuum but it is battery operated and can draw down brake fluid and suck coolant.

The mighty vac is key when testing a vacuum operated device because of the control it provides. But it kills me hand when pumping it a lot.

If I have to suck a large volume of liquid, a speed bleeder works wonders. they connect to a air compressor.

The first Mighty Vac I bought worked well, and probably lasted 15 years before the pump stopped working.  The last two have been absolute junk, with parts that break or fit so poorly that I can't generate a decent vacuum.  The only way I can get my current pump to work is to mix and match pieces left over from the first two.  I'm sure I can drop a couple hundred or more at a tool truck and get something that works, but I was hoping someone could recommend an alternative for a decent price.

So you you are using it for other things then getting off exes water after washing the bike.

The first Mighty Vac I bought worked well, and probably lasted 15 years before the pump stopped working.  The last two have been absolute junk, with parts that break or fit so poorly that I can't generate a decent vacuum.  The only way I can get my current pump to work is to mix and match pieces left over from the first two.  I'm sure I can drop a couple hundred or more at a tool truck and get something that works, but I was hoping someone could recommend an alternative for a decent price.

Mighty Vac makes a few models, one plastic, one pot metal and one cast. The cast ones are the only good ones. What fails is the valves and pump due to corrosion. Most people use them and stick them in the tool box, never taking care of it. It has to be taken apart once a year, cleaned, lubed witn silicone oil. My pump was bought about 20 years ago and works as new.