Chain & Sprockets

How many hours do you typically get out of chain and sprockets? I got 38 hours on my chain and sprockets. They aren't terribly worn, but they do show some wear.

I have a cr 125 that I bought a year ago and it has the stock sprocket and I've had about 120 hours on it myself

And it a still looks good

About a season if I had to guess. Maybe a little less. Your # sounds about right.

When the sprockets look like waves pitching forward and the chain can be pulled way far from the rear sprocket....until then....keep riding! :ride:

I install an Ironman sprocket set and Regina o-ring chain on my KX250 about 6 years ago. I've replaced the front sprocket twice, but the rear sprocket still has almost no wear on it and the chain has only needed adjustment twice.

Edited by Chokey

Maybe 20 hours on the stock set before the chain is toast. After that easily 40 hours on an aftermarket setup as long as you run steel sprockets and a quality chain.

Edited by Vernsker298

I have over 100 on the Supersprox and Regina ORN6 on my CRF450R, still looks great. Best set I have ever had.

100+ hours and 3000+ miles on my stock chain and sprockets on CRF250L, they look good to go for another season.  This is with with mixed street, highway, dirt roads, trails.

A lot of it probably depends on how well you maintain it.  If I ride in a lot of mud or sloppy conditions I try to wash it off at the end of the ride or before the next ride.  I think keeping excess dirt/dried mud off your chain and sprockets is a huge factor.  Which obviously dosnt always happen on a dirt bike.

Iv been using the DuPont Teflon Chain Saver for chain lube.  It comes in an aresol can like most chain lube, goes on wet and then dries to a wax/film so it dosnt attract or hold dirt.  I really like the stuff, especially for a dirt bike.  I used to get the same stuff but under a different lable, it was just DuPont Teflon dry lube something or other, it was hard to find thou and I had to order it online which was kinda a pain.  I actually found the DuPont Chain Saver at walmart, which was awesome because then its very easy to get ahold of.

I install an Ironman sprocket set and Regina o-ring chain on my KX250 about 6 years ago. I've replaced the front sprocket twice, but the rear sprocket still has almost no wear on it and the chain has only needed adjustment twice.

Same bike and probably the same Regina o ring ( love o ring chains). Did you have any case shining or marred? Seems left CC got a polish job. Not bad just keeps clean when running. Was thinking about maybe a spacer or something, but it isn't bad enough really.

35-40 hours before teeth are missing on both sprockets.

Maybe 20 hours on the stock set before the chain is toast. After that easily 40 hours on an aftermarket setup as long as you run steel sprockets and a quality chain.

Running an oring chain and an Ironman or steel sprockets will last way longer than 40 hrs, though the countershaft can last far less especially in mud.

My Regina oring chain and ironman have lasted over 80 hrs in the woods and still look fine, racing and trail riding. But my second countershaft is almost worn out.

I have over 100 on the Supersprox and Regina ORN6 on my CRF450R, still looks great. Best set I have ever had.

+1 for the supersprox. got 30 some hrs on mine. Still like new. They claim it can rob some power de to weight, but at my level I sir cant notice it.

Edited by scoot450R