Sign in to follow this  

2004 Subframe Compatibility?

Quick question for anyone that might know the answer to this:  What other year/make subframes would fit (just bolt on and go) a 2004 300 EXC (US)?

I see the part number for my bike lists that particular subframe as being used ONLY in 2004 on 2-strokes from 125cc - 300cc.  Mine is badly bent and cracked in several places and really just needs replacement.  Any idea if the 2005-2007 subframes might bolt on without issue?  Or any other years before or after '04?

Thanks in advance!

The 03 SX is the same from memory. I "think" the 05 is also the same, but maybe in 06 they changed the length of one of the legs so it may not work. I had this issue when I was changing one one time, but cant remember exactly which year it was that didnt fit. It may have been an 06SX, the SX are a year ahead of the EXC and dont always work.

Hmm, yeah it looks like the 03 SX may work.  The parts listing I can find says the 05-07 are all the same for the 200cc-300cc 2-stroke models (not the SX though).  I wish I could know if one of those would fit my 04   :excuseme:   

None of these seem to be easy to find... any tips on resources (besides ebay)?

The 03 SX is the same from memory. I "think" the 05 is also the same, but maybe in 06 they changed the length of one of the legs so it may not work. I had this issue when I was changing one one time, but cant remember exactly which year it was that didnt fit. It may have been an 06SX, the SX are a year ahead of the EXC and dont always work.

Any idea what the differences are between the SX and EXC/MXC subframes?  Even for 2004 it lists them as seperate part numbers (but I'm guessing they will fit on either model?  Maybe?).  Is there a big enough difference to be concerned with?   :confused:

Thanks!

I replaced the subframe on my 2004 250 EXC last summer but I just got a 2004 one... I found one at a "decent" price although it still wasn't super cheap but still worth it for peace of mind.. The old one was cracked badly in a couple spots.