POLL - DRZ400SM WHEELS - BLUE OR BLACK OEM WHEELS.....

I think it's a trick question, he's trying to see which one will go for more so he can powder coat his rims and sell them on the classifieds. ..

actually i just bought a set of blue wheels and wanted to see if i 1.) over paid 2.) see what everyones thoughts were on the desirability of blue.

• Like 1

actually i just bought a set of blue wheels and wanted to see if i 1.) over paid 2.) see what everyones thoughts were on the desirability of blue.

the blue wheels look basass, it's my favorite color, but I have a green bike so it wouldn't fly...  on black, white, or a blue DRZ its sweet.  yellow would be okay, green would look bad.

the going rate seems to be 900-1300 depending on how much of a sucker the person is and the tire condition.

NO QUESTION>>>>BLUE!!! Anodized of course, let's the silver shine thru and they look "electric"  ?       jmo

• Like 2

Black for sure. The blue look a bit girly/tacky for my taste. Especially on the white bike... like &%$#@! Suzuki? But I guess they don't want to descriminate against anyone so girls, boys and everybody in between can ride the mighty Drz! :D

What if, Blue wheels on a black bike? Mix in some blue braided lines, some anodized blue parts, and some basic decals.. 

Atleast, thats what i would have if i had the choice! 

What if, Blue wheels on a black bike? Mix in some blue braided lines, some anodized blue parts, and some basic decals..

Atleast, thats what i would have if i had the choice!

Black bike, neon orange rims... or go ken block and get lime green! Haha. Blue on black might be okay... I would have to see it! Basically it comes down to whatever suits YOUR personal taste. Don't let somebody else tell you what you like.

• Like 4

Black bike, neon orange rims... or go ken block and get lime green! Haha. Blue on black might be okay... I would have to see it! Basically it comes down to whatever suits YOUR personal taste. Don't let somebody else tell you what you like.

well said..

i like crusing my drz around in green and white.. throws ppl off... (i wanting blue now though)

even though it has a huge suzuki symbol on it..ive had ppl come up and ask what is this thing..who makes it? numerous times

CAM00373_zpsaac4f2dd.jpg

• Like 4

if you say black, you possibly have never seen blue rims in person..

there &%$#@!ing great on the eyes!

i have 2 friends with '13 & '14 sm's

You've seen the new blue rims many a times,  would you say that the blue matches the OEM blue that suzuk put on some of the drz's plastics?

Got any more pics of all of your groups drz's together?

Edited by 150ron

You've seen the new blue rims many a times,  would you say that the blue matches the OEM blue that suzuk put on some of the drz's plastics?

Got any more pics of all of your groups drz's together?

i can get some pics tomorrow,, 

what i noticed is that the blue on the rims and the blue in the graphics..isnt the same lol.. 

just from memory id say no on the matching blue plastics vs blue rims also..

its weird because it doesnt match itself 100% but it looks really good.. the rims vs graphics are few shades apart.

maybe im just confused.. ill quadruple check tomorrow

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 1

I've got a '13 SM, the wheels are pretty close the color of the graphics.

I would still prefer black wheels on my bike.

Black tank, white plastics (mostly) and blue wheels? Come on! The color designer just picked colors at random.

I'll be converting my bike to all black plastics with blue accents (just because of the wheels).

• Like 2

i can get some pics tomorrow,, 

what i noticed is that the blue on the rims and the blue in the graphics..isnt the same lol.. 

just from memory id say no on the matching blue plastics vs blue rims also..

its weird because it doesnt match itself 100% but it looks really good.. the rims vs graphics are few shades apart.

maybe im just confused.. ill quadruple check tomorrow

Thanks for your input dude,  pics would be great.