Bar Risers

I have a 2008 CRF250X.  I'm about 6'1, 6'2.  The bike is so uncomfortable to stand and ride so I usually sit.  I've never used riser bars before as my previous bike was a YZ250F and its bars were a good height.  I don't really know much about bends and risers, so what should I do here for my height?  Do I have to replace my stock renthal bar?  It's still in great condition and I'd like to avoid replacing it if possible.  I hear you need to buy fatbars when you get risers, but I'm unsure how true that is.

RMATV has Tusk Risers in 2 sizes for $16 & $19, they are both for 7/8 bars. I put them on my son's and wife's Hondas. Much cheaper than buying new bars and when new bars are due, I'll just toss em in the parts bin. They are decent risers, solid chunks of aluminum, come with the new bolts, you use your current top clamp. Check em out, it's cheap enough, even if you don't like them.

RMATV has Tusk Risers in 2 sizes for $16 & $19, they are both for 7/8 bars. I put them on my son's and wife's Hondas. Much cheaper than buying new bars and when new bars are due, I'll just toss em in the parts bin. They are decent risers, solid chunks of aluminum, come with the new bolts, you use your current top clamp. Check em out, it's cheap enough, even if you don't like them.

Forgot to check this thread when I actually ended up buying risers.  After a few hours on Google and some browsing at RMATVMC, I ended up buying those exact ones!  Thanks for the suggestion, at least I know they aren't utter garbage now :)

Forgot to check this thread when I actually ended up buying risers.  After a few hours on Google and some browsing at RMATVMC, I ended up buying those exact ones!  Thanks for the suggestion, at least I know they aren't utter garbage now :)

I am your same height and I put risers on my 300XC. They worked with my Renthal bars, and I am very happy with them. The bike is much more comfortable when standing. I also bought a tall seat. That makes the transition from sitting to standing much easier. People said it would make me lazy because the sitting position would actually be too comfortable, but that has not been the case. I actually sit and stand more now, simply because it is so much easier on my knees

I am your same height and I put risers on my 300XC. They worked with my Renthal bars, and I am very happy with them. The bike is much more comfortable when standing. I also bought a tall seat. That makes the transition from sitting to standing much easier. People said it would make me lazy because the sitting position would actually be too comfortable, but that has not been the case. I actually sit and stand more now, simply because it is so much easier on my knees

Great to hear!  I'm just finding I'm doing way more technical stuff than I used to and it's damn near impossible to do some of that stuff when you're sitting down.  Standing is so uncomfortable as is, so I'm excited to pick these up on Wednesday!

You can also buy adjustable pegs and lower them provided it won't adversely effect other areas of your riding like ruts and corners. That way you're spreading the differences to both upper and lower body. I'm 6'2 and ride a yz450f and haven't needed any adjustments on this bike but have in the past and the combo of higher bars lower pegs worked out good.

You can also buy adjustable pegs and lower them provided it won't adversely effect other areas of your riding like ruts and corners. That way you're spreading the differences to both upper and lower body. I'm 6'2 and ride a yz450f and haven't needed any adjustments on this bike but have in the past and the combo of higher bars lower pegs worked out good.

Thanks,

I had (well, still have I guess but selling) a YZ250F and I think it had risers, but still was a little short for me.  I heard lowering pegs can cause problems with snagging things on the ground.  Have you had problems with that in trails?

I didnt notice anything major, just had to be a little more cautious where i rested my feet but it just forced me to stay in a better riding position. I never really rode in deep ruts or rocky technical stuff. Its only an inch I believe and they are reversible to be in the stock position. On a rutted mx track i think it was more noticeable. leaned over in ruts it would scrape a bit and I would have to change lanes a little sooner.

Ive put risers and taller bars on the last 3 bikes because I'm 6'3. My KTM came to me with bent bars, so I will swap them out for minibike bars in a Hi CR bend. They're already cut to 28in, so that saves me a step. Can ya tell I'm a woods rider?