Sign in to follow this  

Did Yamaha change throttle tubes for the 250f?

Quick question. On a Motion Pro throttle tube that I just bought as a spare it says it fits YZ 250f 200x-2011...But 450 from 200x-2013. Did Yamaha change throttle tubes in 2012 for just the 250f, or is it an error on the packaging? I'm not aware of any changes but want to have a correct spare in my trailer. Thanks

Same part, just parts fitment nit updated. Happens all the time. Throttle tube is the exact same part for almost all FCR equipped bikes.

That's what I figured. Thanks. Just didn't want to need one at the track and not have a correct spare.

One way to check parts is to look up OEM part numbers. If they are the same, they interchange in the aftermarket. If the part number is different, it depends on what in the number is changed. Sometimes it is simply color or some minor difference that does not matter.

• Like 1

Not so fast... The 12+ YZ250F throttle tubes are different part numbers than the older YZ250Fs. Maybe this was with the larger carb? Of note though, I have a throttle tube from a 07 YZ250F on my 12 YZ250 and it works just fine.

Not so fast... The 12+ YZ250F throttle tubes are different part numbers than the older YZ250Fs. Maybe this was with the larger carb? Of note though, I have a throttle tube from a 07 YZ250F on my 12 YZ250 and it works just fine.

Alright, thanks. It should still work fine. It must be a little different. Maybe I'll throw it on real quick some day and see. It's just too damn cold right now. When 40 degrees has been considered warm for us, it sure sucks working on bikes when it's 35-40 degrees in a non heated garage. Somehow I've managed to tear a lot of my bike down to clean. Doing linkage bearings and new shock spring and stuff.