Clutch cable question

I put a new cable on my 04 250 today. Where the cable goes into the case on the engine should it have. Little slack. Never paid this any attention until after I put the new one in. I don't want there any water to possible get down In there. Also it is a motion pro cable

Usually they have a little O-ring if I recall correctly.  I forget now...  :unsure:

If you are talking side to side slack then no there shouldn't be much of or any at all.  If you are talking about up and down slack then your cable probably isn't adjusted correctly.

It does have a small oring on it. It's not much slack. When I wiggle it I can feel it move a little. Guess I need to pull the cover off again and drop some lube or something around it to see if it leaks

It does have a small oring on it. It's not much slack. When I wiggle it I can feel it move a little. Guess I need to pull the cover off again and drop some lube or something around it to see if it leaks

Bigger Oring?  Double that bad boy up and calm any fears. :)  Or a little dab of silicon to seal it up good?  Just be careful to keep it from gumming up the cable inner housing. 

Double oring sounds like an excellent idea