Denver area shop reviews

Colorado

Just moved here from phx. Need some help finding a decent shop. I love in Thornton but am willing to drive for good service and selection. Thanks in advance.

Not sure about Denver shops, but the shop I use exclusively in Buena Vista is the most honest,fair priced and thorough shop I have ever dealt with. From suspension set up , diag, 4T or 2T, Jetting from this guy was unreal. Mountain Tech Motorsports

depends what you ride and you want done. co power sports is ok for parts up in Thornton ,

i usually take my bike down to vickery in denver for anything major. Thats only because bruce sass worked on my bike in its past life, but they are a solid shop overall.

Sun honda is kindof a stealership but dose have a huge parts shop and over all selection

For work I go to John at motofix,  Great  guy  - was at Faye Myers I believe, and started his own business out of his garage in Morrison.  Very fair and honest guy. 

Depending on make/model, there are a few shops in town that can "get the job done". None are what I would call cheap on part pricing, Vickery has done well by be when I needed a part and could not wait for online resources. Sun the same, I've bought 2 bikes from Sun based on overall cost OTD that no one else would touch. Colorado powersports needs some better talent behind the parts counter, each time I have gone there I have had to help them through the process of telling them what I need. Each time they have attempted to give me the wrong part.

Other shops to look at:

Coyote Motorsports

Fay Meyers

I do all my own work so I tend to shop RockymountainMC and other online places for best cost and shipping.

I take my bike up to Elite Motorsports (KTM) in Loveland which is north of you from Thorton. Awesome group of people and huge selection of parts and accessories. I would not personally recommend Fey Myers as they are extremely overpriced and dishonest in the service dept. Just my experience.

I take my bike up to Elite Motorsports (KTM) in Loveland which is north of you from Thorton. Awesome group of people and huge selection of parts and accessories. I would not personally recommend Fey Myers as they are extremely overpriced and dishonest in the service dept. Just my experience.

+1 on dishonest service department at Fay Myers!

Bruce at Vickery is talented and very competent. He will work on any color bike. If it is a brand they don't sell you will need to shag your own parts. Vickery's shop is the only place that has worked on our bikes (when it's something I can't manage) for the last fifteen years at least. G

TFOG in Golden's been good to me for little jobs in the past.

I'll be taking my cylinder over there for a quick hone job in the very near future.

http://www.tfogwheelsports.com/index.htm

Elite's good for KTM's.  They know their stuff.

Sun, Fay Myers, and Vickery all have decent parts selection (for Polaris/KTM in my garage, anyways).

Dig up the part numbers online, call before you go to make sure they've got what you need in stock.

For work I go to John at motofix,  Great  guy  - was at Faye Myers I believe, and started his own business out of his garage in Morrison.  Very fair and honest guy. 

Just had John fix a problem based on this recommendation.  Awesome guy!  He's got an encyclopedic knowledge of bikes and takes the time to talk with you about the issues, then fixes them.  A complete 180 in philosophy compared to dealership service departments.  Thanks John!

John at Motofix is a excellent & honest mechanic.  Unlike the shops that only do what you paid for, he takes the time to correct little things they won't & if they are simple you won't be charged.  He jetted my 2008 yz450 to where it felt like fuel injection, it was dialed.  Repaired many of mine & the kids bikes.  Every time I picked them up he did things like lube cables, adjust things & they always felt like new bikes.  Better rates than the stealerships as well.     

+1 on john at Motofix, have taken several bikes to him and never had a problem with the service and attn. givin to each and every one.

How much do you guys think a fork seal and fluid change, rear suspension inspection/lube, and valve adjustment should cost? Basically a major tune up.

How much do you guys think a fork seal and fluid change, rear suspension inspection/lube, and valve adjustment should cost? Basically a major tune up.

On average fork seals, new fluids run $140.00.  Rear lube?  If you mean taking apart the linkage, that is probably 1.5-2 hours.  Valve check is an hour min if just adjusting, more if you need shims

Give Jim at Airborne MX Suspension a call.  http://www.airbornesuspension.com/

He's serviced my suspension twice, and I couldn't be happier.  Quick turnaround, honest, fair pricing

There is some pricing info on their website.

you call that a "major tuneup"?  I'd call that "a saturday afternoon".  :huh:  Get on my level bro.

IMG_20140526_194426318-M.jpg

IMG_20140526_194431477-M.jpg

IMG_20140531_192836339-M.jpg

IMG_20140604_205716186-M.jpg

IMG_20140601_171334006_HDR-L.jpg

:lol:  It's been a while though.

you call that a "major tuneup"?  I'd call that "a saturday afternoon".  :huh:  Get on my level bro.

IMG_20140526_194426318-M.jpg

IMG_20140526_194431477-M.jpg

IMG_20140531_192836339-M.jpg

IMG_20140604_205716186-M.jpg

IMG_20140601_171334006_HDR-L.jpg

:lol:  It's been a while though.

what you charge for a 2t top end, and other "tune ups"

My choice to have my bike serviced by John and Motofix is not for lack of desire to do it myself. Unfortunately a garage and tools beyond my basic riding kit are years away for me. John gave me a very reasonable ballpark estimate on the labor for what I want done. Admittedly it'll be nice to go riding on a bike that was looked over by someone with much more experience than I...and supporting a small business, I really don't feel bad at all about spending a week of my pay on something I'll enjoy all summer.

what you charge for a 2t top end, and other "tune ups"

If I had the time I'd consider it. 

Right now I'd just be happy to get the bike running, generators serviced, a top-end and some other parts on the sled, and still have some time to ride before the snow's falling again.