sprocket gearing

just got a new 48 tooth rear sprocket because that was what was on the bike when i got it. and i want to replace the front sprocket aswell, currently i am at a 13 tooth front sproc, i ride mx and harescrambles. should i go up, downa tooth or stay at 13?

Stay with 13 up front with that 48 just my opinion !

Stay with 13 up front with that 48 just my opinion !

okay thanks! Just wanted people opinion!

Cool , there's a lot of combos out there it's just what for you that matters , I personally try not to venture to off from stock , why I don't know but if you leave the front at 13 you got 48 49 50 51 ect to choose but when you add or take one from the front that's like making a move of 3 so the choice is yours

Cool , there's a lot of combos out there it's just what for you that matters , I personally try not to venture to off from stock , why I don't know but if you leave the front at 13 you got 48 49 50 51 ect to choose but when you add or take one from the front that's like making a move of 3 so the choice is yours

would adding a tooth or subtracting a tooth from the front give you more acceleration

Depends on which way you go if you got a 48 rear and put a 14 up front you'll do light speed if I'm thinking right please correct me if I'm wrong it's late and the opposite if you drop to a 12

Up front will be like a tractor down low but run outa steam up top , gotta find than balance there's another thread right now about this topic read up on it

14 48 is a rocket, gears are loooong and bike is to fast for mx, atleast for me, 14 52 I'm testing now and it is mehh I am not sure yet, so far my fav was 13 52, was great off bottom but the gear are short, great for arenacross and for outdoors I could rock in 3rd 4th 5th which I like better than 2nd 3rd and maybe 4th