Planetwister's "build" thread 14' sm

Ok so finally getting some sweet mods on this bad boy. So far..

- 16/39 gearing (lovin it)

- Yoshimura RS2 full system

- DJ jet kit

- 3x3 mod

- mounted I-phone with USB charge adapter (getting a GPS in the future)

- MCCT

- Raptor petcock

- Moose Racing grip warmers

- Smog delete

- Rear fender eliminator

- small rear blinkers (no front)

I think that's it for now. Have had the bike 1 month and have almost 1300 miles on it. Been riding the crap out of it and loving it! Any suggestions welcome, thanks!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395456411.813719.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395456439.141068.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395456460.864908.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395456493.776641.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395456527.428131.jpg

Look into some E cams or Hot Cams they will wake it up like the 3x3 w/jetting and exhaust did!   :ride:

Look into some E cams or Hot Cams they will wake it up like the 3x3 w/jetting and exhaust did! :ride:

that much of a difference huh? Will definitely look into it. Right now it doesn't pull real hard past 7000-8000 rpm's. will that change? Thankd

Cams will get you there faster, also the way you have your bike set up now it should pull hard till at least 8000 rpms. The DRZ motor in general thrives in the 4000-8500 range anything beyond that is really wasted RPMS because the motor is not producing any more HP. If your bike isn't pulling till 8000 rpms you might need a larger main jet.

Cams will get you there faster, also the way you have your bike set up now it should pull hard till at least 8000 rpms. The DRZ motor in general thrives in the 4000-8500 range anything beyond that is really wasted RPMS because the motor is not producing any more HP. If your bike isn't pulling till 8000 rpms you might need a larger main jet.

actually E cams / hotcams make less HP off the line and lower RPMs, more HP in the upper range

Cams will get you there faster, also the way you have your bike set up now it should pull hard till at least 8000 rpms. The DRZ motor in general thrives in the 4000-8500 range anything beyond that is really wasted RPMS because the motor is not producing any more HP. If your bike isn't pulling till 8000 rpms you might need a larger main jet.

well I don't have a tach so I don't know exactly where it falls off but that's about right. I have a 160 main

actually E cams / hotcams make less HP off the line and lower RPMs, more HP in the upper range

so the cams wouldn't help since my setups making power lower?

- DJ jet kit

- 3x3 mod

- MCCT

- Raptor petcock

- Smog delete

- Rear fender eliminator

I think that's it for now. Have had the bike 1 month and have almost 1300 miles on it. Been riding the crap out of it and loving it! Any suggestions welcome, thanks!attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395456411.813719.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395456439.141068.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395456460.864908.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395456493.776641.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395456527.428131.jpg

Do you have any problems taking off from a stop with the 16/39 gearing? I figured that would require a lot of clutch and throttle fanning...

No it's not to bad at all. Really nice on the freeway

Some stg.1 HotCams or 'E' cams & FCR39 would be a really nice boost.   :smirk:

Some stg.1 HotCams or 'E' cams & FCR39 would be a really nice boost.   :smirk:

Enabler...

:D

What fender eliminator did you use and how do you like it?  I'm looking at the R&G Racing Fender Eliminator.

I run the R&G and love it the leds are really bright and love how it looks under the fender

Thanks, Wizdumb.  It looks like that's the one I'll get.

planetwister, on 21 Mar 2014 - 9:48 PM, said:

- DJ jet kit

- 3x3 mod

- MCCT

- Raptor petcock

- Smog delete

- Rear fender eliminator

Ok im very curious now, you say you are running 16/39 gearing? I just posted a thread called "Is it detonation? Or What?"...Could you do me a favor and go read that first post, there is a problem im having with my bike that is most prominent when im using higher gearing like 15/38, i couldn't imagine how bad it would be if i was using 16/39. Have you ever experienced a problem like that?

Edited by nevermindpulse

I believe Planetwister's bike was stolen, mangled and written off.

He's now riding an FZ07.

I don't think he'll be around here anymore.

I believe Planetwister's bike was stolen, mangled and written off.

He's now riding an FZ07.

I don't think he'll be around here anymore.

Yeah,  he has not been on in a minute... 

I run the R&G and love it the leds are really bright and love how it looks under the fender

Id like to see a pic,  if you have one,  ive never heard of the R&G unit. 

This is it

1415387010990.jpg