3D printed FCR adapter and other parts and goodies

Hello,

I just want to gage the interest in the community if you guys would like to see more printed parts for your bikes?

I started with designing and printing the FCR adapter that quite a few guys are now using, and have come up with a few other designs that have been installed on my bike for a while now with good durablity.

The little plastic clips that hold the rear brake line on the XR650L and XR600 get old and break. The printed version has held up on my bike for over a year with no issues.  That being said, I made a custom mount for my speedometer and rocker switch bracket for my heated grips, they look and fit really well, I will let you know what the long term results are.

I was thinking it would be a good idea to create a place where these and 3d models from others can live here on the forum for anyone to use or source to a print shop.  I keep coming up with new ideas just haven't had time to get them modeled up and printed.  The amount of little farkles that you might want to mount to your bars is endless.  I know someone will be asking for a ipod or iphone mount, which might be cool to use as a speedometer if you get a gps app.  Although I would feel leery about mounting a $500 phone to the bars of a dirtbike (hope that phone is insured)

Anyways let me know what you guys think, or if you have some ideas of things that would be cool to see, write them down and maybe they will get made! 

http://www.thumpertalk.com/wiki/_/complete-guide-to-installing-fcr-mx-on-a-xr600-r343

ccs-3-0-97728800-1379437013.jpg

untitled.1.jpg

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

• Like 3

You the MAN! I definately want to buy 1 or 2 fcr adapters.

So far the blue has stayed true to color, its been a year. I have some red ones I printed but never installed.

I would like to buy an adapter for fcr. Bike is a '91 XR 600R with stock air box.

How much and how do i get payment to you?

I dont have a paypal account.

Also, im in Canada. Is that a shipping issue of any kind?

i see you dont use any of the clamps on the carb adapter ???  hows the durability of these since 3d printed??  i know id be quite hesitant to mount my carb with only slip fit myself

stuff looks nice...like the dash mount alot...

These adapters have proved to be very durable for me. I have over 3000 miles logged and I've done 3 100 mile to 200 mile long enduros over the last 2 years with no problems whatsoever. It mounts just like the Noss adapter it is a very tight slip fit. Some people use 2 part epoxy and glue them to the carburetor I use RTV. Have you ever tried to get the stock carburetor out of the boots? It is not that easy the carburetor is trapped between the front boot and the airbox boot. the same is true when using the 3d printed adapter.

• Like 1

You the MAN! I definately want to buy 1 or 2 fcr adapters.

he is indeed..

BTW, I did get two! & I dont even have a FCR yet!

Hello,

I just want to gage the interest in the community if you guys would like to see more printed parts for your bikes?

I started with designing and printing the FCR adapter that quite a few guys are now using, and have come up with a few other designs that have been installed on my bike for a while now with good durablity.

The little plastic clips that hold the rear brake line on the XR650L and XR600 get old and break. The printed version has held up on my bike for over a year with no issues. That being said, I made a custom mount for my speedometer and rocker switch bracket for my heated grips, they look and fit really well, I will let you know what the long term results are.

I was thinking it would be a good idea to create a place where these and 3d models from others can live here on the forum for anyone to use or source to a print shop. I keep coming up with new ideas just haven't had time to get them modeled up and printed. The amount of little farkles that you might want to mount to your bars is endless. I know someone will be asking for a ipod or iphone mount, which might be cool to use as a speedometer if you get a gps app. Although I would feel leery about mounting a $500 phone to the bars of a dirtbike (hope that phone is insured)

Anyways let me know what you guys think, or if you have some ideas of things that would be cool to see, write them down and maybe they will get made!

http://www.thumpertalk.com/wiki/_/complete-guide-to-installing-fcr-mx-on-a-xr600-r343

I am not sure I understand how the product is made. You have a molding machine that you feed your 3D image into? What is the process? Very interesting process....

Measure the part the best I can with calipers and create a CAD model, then print directly from the CAD model.