has anyone been to gorman recently?

California

last time i was there a few months ago the frazier area trails were closed because of a fire. anyone know if they have been opened back up?

Still 100% closed

I heard someone say they may stay closed through the summer :confused:

I heard May 1st was the date. Everyone call up and complain if it doesn't happen...

Lockwood Station: 661-245-3731

Goleta hdqtrs: 805-968-6640

13345388264_c961b9d9db_c.jpg

I heard May 1st was the date. Everyone call up and complain if it doesn't happen...

Contact lens?

Contact lens?

I'm going with trail side Moto-Pilates. :lol:

Sincerest appologies to this poor Gorman rider whomever it is, but inquiring minds just gots to know!

P.S. - The bike was O.K.

Edited by BIKEMONSTER

They normally don't open that early when fire is not an issue. I am a pessimist by nature. I would be willing to bet that the trails will remain closed well past May 1. I like that you posted their info and like to complain about everything in genera, since I am a whiney b*tch. But I wonder if we couldn't get a volunteer crew together to help? I know VCMC has been able to work with them in the past.  I am guessing the red tape and govt BS combined with potential liability issues would prohibit such a thing from happening........

Other forests use volunteers a lot. They have the know how regarding liability issues. LPNF just doesn't seem to like to use them.

I would bet the LNPF stays closed for the rest of the year. 

Faaaaaack. 

Been about 30 yrs ago...