Sign in to follow this  

2006 CRF250R Cam Bucket Issue

Recently, I have taken apart my cylinder head. Removed everything and replaced the valves and valve springs with the kit I got from Pro X. After getting everything seated for the intake valves I went to put on the cam buckets. I applied assembly lubrication and for some reason the cam buckets refuse to go in. Its weird, in how upon disassembly they slid out easily with my magnet tool but now I cant get them back in. Like the cam buckets have changed size? has anyone experienced this or have advice on how to fix it, all advice is greatly appreciated.

Check to see your valve springs aren't out of place the could be blocking the buckets passage

Show me photos

Well I've got my 04 apart now and I haven't got my new seals to put it together with. Your bucket could be a tad bit misshaped

Mine were a bit tough last time I had it apart. I lubed everything up and tried different bucket positions (rotations) and kept pushing. They went eventually. I think knowing which was left and which was right helps too. Once they got past the initial bit they slid in normal.

Edited by sjvmtb
  • Like 1

Mine were a bit tough last time I had it apart. I lubed everything up and tried different bucket positions (rotations) and kept pushing. They went eventually. I think knowing which was left and which was right helps too. Once they got past the initial bit they slid in normal.

this^