Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Motorhome, MX Track, and a Hockey Town - Where to camp for the summer?

I may as well be asking to find a pot of gold under a rainbow, but here goes...

We live in South Carolina and the family and I are looking for an extended summer vacation anywhere in the U.S or Canada, though I have some must-haves for choosing the location. We have a motorhome and we are seeking a great city with access to good junior hockey programs, a nearby MX track that is open often, and an all around good climate in the summer. My two 15 year old boys need their fill of hockey, and Dad needs plenty of seat time to Brapppppp. The goal is to find a nice RV park with great access to both of our hobbies, and then just maybe we would have the family vacation of a lifetime. 

Google search doesn't help at all with such wilds requests and I'm hoping the TT community can help us land a home for the summer.

Tk2,

Phoenix AZ area would be great for the close proximity to several great MX parks.. 

Your son would enjoy watching the Phoenix Coyotes National Hockey Team play. I know PHX also has a few places for the public as well.  

Good luck with your search. 

http://coyotes.nhl.com

I may as well be asking to find a pot of gold under a rainbow, but here goes...

We live in South Carolina and the family and I are looking for an extended summer vacation anywhere in the U.S or Canada, though I have some must-haves for choosing the location. We have a motorhome and we are seeking a great city with access to good junior hockey programs, a nearby MX track that is open often, and an all around good climate in the summer. My two 15 year old boys need their fill of hockey, and Dad needs plenty of seat time to Brapppppp. The goal is to find a nice RV park with great access to both of our hobbies, and then just maybe we would have the family vacation of a lifetime.

Google search doesn't help at all with such wilds requests and I'm hoping the TT community can help us land a home for the summer.

I grew up racing and playing hockey. If I was looking for both, then I would go to the hockey powerhouse state of Minnesota. I used to go there as a kid for hockey camps in the summer all the time. They have a lot of excellent tracks to ride and race at. Check out AMA District 23 for your motocross needs, and google Minnesota hockey camps for your kids. Their hockey rinks are open all year long. That's where I'd go.

Check london ontario .2 national event tracks with in 50 miles .and check out tps hockey camps .home of the london knights ohl power house.This is a hockey town.lots of rv parks along lake huron and lake erie.

Welcome to denver Colorado, 

mx, well we have nationals track, and 5 others with in 50miles   :ride:  oh and the rocky mt for you tail people.

hockey, yeh look into highland hills hockey program (or many others here in denver alone)

nice weather.. sunshine 360 days of the year 

oh and plenty of rv parks and campgrounds all over.

Edited by ekulb14

mx, well we have nationals track, and 5 others with in 50miles :ride: oh and the rocky mt for you tail people.

hockey, yeh look into highland hills hockey program (or many others here in denver alone)

Id live in Denver if I could. But my wife thinks I ride too much now, so how much worse would it be if I lived there!

mx, well we have nationals track, and 5 others with in 50miles   :ride:  oh and the rocky mt for you tail people.

And if your experiencing pain from a days of riding, they have special medication there.

I would say somewhere west like Denver where you can not only check out the tracks and hockey, but explore the beautiful rocky mountains on the bikes or on foot as there is another world of that stuff out there to be seen and done.

Joe

Tk2,

Phoenix AZ area would be great for the close proximity to several great MX parks.. 

Your son would enjoy watching the Phoenix Coyotes National Hockey Team play. I know PHX also has a few places for the public as well.  

Good luck with your search. 

http://coyotes.nhl.com

I love the Phoenix area, though I may want to find a cooler climate for the summer ;-)

Denver area sounds very appealing, I may have to start some research to find the right RV park. If I could find a RV park with riding distance without having to haul the bike, then I would be golden. I like the idea of the "special medication" as well

I would say somewhere west like Denver where you can not only check out the tracks and hockey, but explore the beautiful rocky mountains on the bikes or on foot as there is another world of that stuff out there to be seen and done.

Joe

Boulder Colorado seems to be a very appealing option near Denver. Boulder has a great tech scene and I could see this being a great option with my new company being a technology startup. I'm going to check out their hockey and MX options, any great tracks near Boulder?

Edited by tk2stroke