no locktite....they used a spot weld to keep it in place

DSC03087_zpse74949dd.jpg

DSC03088_zpsd2c822c8.jpg

DSC03089_zps1a8838b0.jpg

the new seal has more bushing area than OEM

DSC03091_zps9af7691b.jpg

inner bottom out bumper

DSC03186_zps3ef5f95c.jpg

wish I had some assembly pics....but I did not do the assembly......Piper Performance in Decatur TX .....a local Race Tech Center did the deed and I was not around to see it get done

new race tech spring and gold valve...seal head ....bumper....and hose 

DSC03187_zpsb4d71684.jpg

• Like 2

i am putting it in a 86 IT200......the IT has a 40mm shock and the yz is a 46mm....and the yz has that compression adjuster

Your valve stack is almost the same as the one in my 1982 Suzuki RM I just replace. Unique design, Guess it was a KYB design. The three shims open like an accordion when the stack bottoms out. Interesting.

i was surprised at the stock ancient valving......the yammis use a Soqui shock.....which is a KYB clone.....the gold valve uses more shims in the stack......i have the shim numbers but did not get to see it......its not installed yet so i dont know how it handles yet

and you will notice in the race tech seal head.....and also on  the stock seal head ( not pictured )....it does not have the rubber bumper built in like i see in current seal heads.......the seal head here hits up against the bottom of the piece that the valve rests on......if i had gotten a seal head with a built in bumper.......alls balls.....it would have been useless without the stock bumper

• 2 weeks later...