Sign in to follow this  

2003 KTM 200 EXC Plastics?/ Electric Start? Best street/dirt tires?

I am installing the trail tech stator and battery and was wondering if there were any electric starts available that would work with this bike?

Also whats the difference between the plastic between the exc and xc and other models of similar years (2003) because want to order oversized tank and new plastics but low variety to choose from?

Also what are some of the best street tires you can run on the regular spoked 18 rear and 21 front ?

The 125 and 200 are the same bike other than bore and stroke. All KTM plastics per yr model other than tank are the same (all models). The 125/200 tanks are the same so say 2000 and possibly 98ish through 03 (EXC) will work.

Edited by markit

E start is not an option before 2008 - Totally different engine case.

I am installing the trail tech stator and battery and was wondering if there were any electric starts available that would work with this bike?

Also whats the difference between the plastic between the exc and xc and other models of similar years (2003) because want to order oversized tank and new plastics but low variety to choose from?

Also what are some of the best street tires you can run on the regular spoked 18 rear and 21 front ?

I used dunlop 606's for a road / dirt tire.

They work ok on dirt but I never used them much on road, people say you can drag foot pegs with them on the street. All I can say is &%$#@! that.

E start is not an option before 2008 - Totally different engine case.

ON the 200 its not an option until 2013 I believe.

Edited by Squid_Racer

ON the 200 its not an option until 2013 I believe.

Oh wow - In my lisdexic (dyslexic) state I read the bike as an 03 300 instead of a 200….My bad!

I'll defer to you Squid as the 200 expert here, and I'm sure you are correct..