Sign in to follow this  

3 Betas in garage now

I bought a 300rr in March 2013 on the BYOB  it arrived in middle of June.Love the bike. Had more fun on this bike than any other I have owned for trail riding. My 24 year old son came up with the idea to trade his yz450 for my bike plus some cash and for me to get a 2014 300rr. Sounded like a good idea to me.

I went to closet Beta shop 125 miles away and made a deal on a 2014 300rr and a 2013 250rr on 3/16. Of course I did not tell my son this, who has been drooling over my bike since I received it.We decided to put a new piston in the '13 300 since I have just over 100 hours on it with some other new parts.Went to pick up the bikes on 3/18 and Jeremy my son called me 3 times and texted me 2 times on when I would be home so he could start putting new parts on his 300. We planned on riding the next day the 19th. 

It worked out that I picked up my lovely and very understanding wife from work and took the bikes home. Jeremy came out to meet us in the driveway. The look on his face was priceless and said " You got 2 new Beta's".  Mom said he could buy the 2013 300 in the garage or the 2014 250 in the back of the truck, we all know what one he picked.

Jeremy and another son Justin and I took the bikes to Pipestone and put 56 miles on the 3 Betas. Both boys were still grinning ear to ear when we loaded the bikes up to come home.  It will be fun this summer to ride and see the difference in the bikes.

• Like 4

Cold ride or was the ride before this cold front invaded us? Did you buy them in Bozeman or Helena? Don't think I'll get out this weekend as hoped,as we got more snow and of course the cold. Seems like the longest winter ever!

I bought a 300rr in March 2013 on the BYOB  it arrived in middle of June.Love the bike. Had more fun on this bike than any other I have owned for trail riding. My 24 year old son came up with the idea to trade his yz450 for my bike plus some cash and for me to get a 2014 300rr. Sounded like a good idea to me.

I went to closet Beta shop 125 miles away and made a deal on a 2014 300rr and a 2013 250rr on 3/16. Of course I did not tell my son this, who has been drooling over my bike since I received it.We decided to put a new piston in the '13 300 since I have just over 100 hours on it with some other new parts.Went to pick up the bikes on 3/18 and Jeremy my son called me 3 times and texted me 2 times on when I would be home so he could start putting new parts on his 300. We planned on riding the next day the 19th. 

It worked out that I picked up my lovely and very understanding wife from work and took the bikes home. Jeremy came out to meet us in the driveway. The look on his face was priceless and said " You got 2 new Beta's".  Mom said he could buy the 2013 300 in the garage or the 2014 250 in the back of the truck, we all know what one he picked.

Jeremy and another son Justin and I took the bikes to Pipestone and put 56 miles on the 3 Betas. Both boys were still grinning ear to ear when we loaded the bikes up to come home.  It will be fun this summer to ride and see the difference in the bikes.

Congrats! 2014 is going to be a great year for your family! The one who fills the garage with the most toys wins, and will have the most friends to go to getting out and enjoying your part of the country.

Most all here will agree that getting out and enjoying the the limits of riding a well designed reliable dirt bike is in a class by itself. 

Enjoy, oh yeah, you gotta show a garage with 3 Beta smokers in it! Too cool for school!!!!!

Cold ride or was the ride before this cold front invaded us? Did you buy them in Bozeman or Helena? Don't think I'll get out this weekend as hoped,as we got more snow and of course the cold. Seems like the longest winter ever!

38 a.nd wind was blowing about 15 to 20. we still had a blast though. Bought bikes in Helena 

Congrats! 2014 is going to be a great year for your family! The one who fills the garage with the most toys wins, and will have the most friends to go to getting out and enjoying your part of the country.

Most all here will agree that getting out and enjoying the the limits of riding a well designed reliable dirt bike is in a class by itself. 

Enjoy, oh yeah, you gotta show a garage with 3 Beta smokers in it! Too cool for school!!!!!

Thanks it should e a great year.I will post pics when the kids teach me how

• Like 1

Awesome story and congrats on the new Beta's and enjoy the 2014 riding season on them. I got out on my 14 300RR last weekend for the first time and think it's going

to be a good 14 riding season for me as well :ride:

Geez, I got open space jealousy going on here. I would be flyfishing and enduro riding all summer. And when I wasn't doing that I would ride the dirtbike to the stream to fish. COOL PICS MAN!

• Like 1

lovely bikes and best best experiences yo can have with the juniors!

wish ya nice years!

Edited by engl

Cool bikes. And what a great part of the country you live in. I traveled through there in 09 for the Billings MT hillclimbs. What a blast! Have fun with your new rides.